Skyrim fps and controls bug

plu604

Hi guys

My friend got some serious issues playing skyrim. The problem (in few words): His fps is low (I'll explain this) and controlling his character is kind of... slow.

Ok, so let's make it clear. I don't exactly know his notebook's preferences, I can recall only that he's got an Intel i7 CPU and 8 gigs of RAM. I've got a notebook which can run the game on medium settings and it costed 100.000 HUF, while he bought his for 250.000 HUF. As you can see if mine can run the game on medium settings, his should run it on high settings, however, this is not the case. He even tried to lower it to minimum settings, and it's still laggy. There was a moment when we thought we fixed this problem, so it ran smooth, like it should run, but after a few minutes everything was the same as before - got laggy again.

The controlling bug: When he tries to play, beside the fps-lag he experiences the game to react for the pressed buttons too slowly. Like he's pushing "A" to move his character left, and it starts moving in like 1-1,5 seconds later. This applies to jumping as well. The other problem is that the cursor moves slowly. Not in a way of low sensitivity, but like the movement of his character. So he moves the mouse and the cursor starts moving after a second.

We tried kind of EVERYTHING. I googled these problems, even searched for a solution on youtube, but couldn't find a solution, not even anyone else having the same problem. We updated drivers, tried minor "tricks" (like alt+tab and then back) messed with the skyrimprefs.ini and so on... but nothing worked. Again, his computer is new and it should run the game on at least high settings.

Does anyone have a clue about how to fix these problems?

Try three things.

1. Antivirus should either be OFF (only WHILE playing the game!!!) or in "stateful" mode. Not "on access".

2. Bring up the taskmanager and see what amount of ram is free. Most new computers have a ton of "excess junk" that eats up system ram. Kill some of the processes if needed. (Make sure they are not system critical, like Kernel.dll, etc.)

3. Make sure that the latest video drivers are installed.

Hopefully one of those things will help.