Remove Companion's Spell

unknowngst

I have several companions installed, and I really hate it when they cast those bound armor/weapon/etc and after a while they just go all naked...

There's a mod to teach companion spell, but I can't find any to do the opposite.

If anyone know about any mod which is able to do this, please, let me know!

If such a mod doesn't exist...then, is there anyway I can manually remove the spells? Like, through console? Construction set?

Any idea?

I have several companions installed, and I really hate it when they cast those bound armor/weapon/etc and after a while they just go all naked...

There's a mod to teach companion spell, but I can't find any to do the opposite.

If anyone know about any mod which is able to do this, please, let me know!

If such a mod doesn't exist...then, is there anyway I can manually remove the spells? Like, through console? Construction set?

Any idea?

Not sure if there is mod that can do that, but the easiest way to do it is through the CS. Just load up the esp that the companion is on, look for the companion in the NPC section and open them up. There you can look at the spells tab and just delete the ones you don't want on them. Save and exit.

Thanks, I'll definitely try that one later.

Hmmm...this won't break the game, right? I mean, if there's some AI/Quest Script that use a specific spell, which I deleted...will I get CTD?

If I will suffer no consequences, might as well just delete everything and then add spells by myself using the Teach Spell mod :)

You won't be deleting the spell from the game, you'll be deleting the spell from their spell list. While you're in there, if there is a spell you'd like them to have find it in the list of spells and drag it into their spell tab (note that some spells are leveled, some aren't, and they'll need to be able to cast the spell ... i.e. skill and magicka requirements met).

It is unlikely that scripting of a mod would call for an actor to cast a particular bound armor spell. I think that you would be safe in removing that spell from your companions' spell lists. One thing that you will want to watch out for is that the bound armor spell could be in a leveled list. You might have to create a new leveled list without the spell, or just give your companions a whole bunch of individual spells instead of using the leveled list.

Woah David Brasher himself! My saluations.

I have totally no idea about the leveled list stuff, never venture into construction set before...but I guess learning construction set is inevitable, now that I am quite into oblivion...

Thanks, I'll start looking for tutorials and try them out!