Shapeshifter request

manamoppet

Hi,

I am the author of Dragorian and Dranaugh Races Reworked (http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38453) for Oblivion. This is a modified version of Dragorian and Dranaugh Races (http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30457) by BlackStorm945 which in turn is based on resources from Anthro-Dragon (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30094) by DrakeTheDragon

SHORT DESCRIPTION OF MY MOD:

The aim of the mod was to provide the player with three reptilian races. Their abilities are more biological and less magical. They are not dragons but they resemble them. There is no fire breath ability as obviously of magical nature. I implemented new Camouflage ability that damages your fatigue. If you have any cloths or weapons (except for you claws) equipped or its raining the ability will be weakened or disabled. As you reach new levels the ability is getting stronger. The chameleon effect is activated/deactivated gradually.

All races have claws (not fists) that can be equiped by pressing button. Some claws are poisonous . Every time you equip them or strike with them they are being poisoned again. Poison is slow but last for very long. As you reach new levels the poison is getting stronger and eventually it will paralyse victims after some time.

I have implemented the Adrenaline rush ability that temporarily boosts your stats while damaging your fatigue. As you reach new levels the ability is getting stronger.

I also added slumber ability, which regenerates your health and in case of some races cures poisons and diseases after some time.

Some races have night vision. You can activate/deactivate night vision manually (via button). You can activate/deactivate night vision automatic mode. Night vision automatic mode automatically activates/deactivates night vision depending on the amount of light on player.

All three races have smell. Active smell means you probe the air when hitting button. You can activate/deactivate passive (automatic) smell. Passive smell probes air every 5 seconds. Smell depends on direction and strength of wind if there is one. You can learn the smell of individual NPCs.

Secondly I made quite realistic flight system. The flight has collision detection. Flying is a serious business. It damages your fatigue. The faster you fly (different animations and sound) the more quickly you get tired. You must be carefull when landing. If you land with high speed you crash and get damaged. Landing in water is for obvious reasons less risky. In order to start flying you must be running or falling.You can start flying while in water but it is more costly. While running forward in adrenaline rush you gain temporary water walking ability. While flying you always move forward. No strafing or flying backwards or hovering above ground. You can

ram target while flying knocking it down and inflicting damage. You can grab target in the air and drop it to its death, but it is costly in terms of fatigue. You can also glide. While gliding you donot loose fatigue but you slowly loose altitude. Gliding is slower than flying. You can start falling while high in air. You can fall till you touch ground (usually fatal experience).When flying/gliding/falling if you press right button you start rotate to right, if you press left button you start rotate to left Usefull when trying to stay in one area and watching it via free camera (while pressing 1st/3rd person button). When wind is blowing it affects the direction and speed of your movement when flying/gliding/falling depending on the strenght and direction of wind.

I also added a lock on target ability which forces you to turn in the direction of current target. The ability is added even if you play vanilla race.

There is also ability called sharp vision - if you press and hold activate (use) control and you aim at nothing with your crosshair or nothing is in range of your

crosshair you start zooming in if you press and hold the control again you start zooming out. Works only in 1st person view. If you press 1st/3rd person

control or aim at something with your crosshair and it is in range to activate it and you press the activate (use) control you reset your view to normal.

Check my videos to see what I mean.

WHAT DO I HAVE ON MY MIND:

I want to implement something similar to the above in Skyrim and to show you it is sophisticated. I have some experience in scripting (especially when it comes to flight), but I have no idea about animations, meshes and textures. I would like to cooperate with someone who knows something about it and has enough time to do it. If you are such person please contact me.

Bears would be awesome. Or maybe werebear? There is always willing modders to make stuff, and I'd go for the werebear :biggrin:

but shapeshifting is also mine favorite way of playing, because it's always too hard for me to decide my "class", I could turn into almost any other class with shapeshifting.

(Well, at least in nwn that was possible, changing classes that is)

Well, not impossible in skyrim, but needs CK.

And I am also in everything that looks druid-like + :biggrin:

there are smaller dragons that could work, i dont remember their npc id, but they are like baby dragons

shape shifting to one of them would be perfect, but a large normal dragon would probably break the game, try player.setscale 0.1-10 to see how large you can get while still seeing your full body, 1 is the base. i use 0.9. and 0.8 for lydia as i have her wearing the tera elin mod armor.

OH COME ON CK COME OUT ALREADY ;________; I can't wait for any longer. My gameplay has been stuck for long time, because waiting for good mods.

lol i just want playable children races, mithra like races, houses, quests, and more weps and armor. ok that my be a lot but still D:

WHAT DO I HAVE ON MY MIND:

I want to implement something similar to the above in Skyrim and to show you it is sophisticated. I have some experience in scripting (especially when it comes to flight), but I have no idea about animations, meshes and textures. I would like to cooperate with someone who knows something about it and has enough time to do it. If you are such person please contact me.

Sorry, but the only stuff I know about animation, textures and meshes are currently simple stuff in Blender(see this link for proof), and probably not enough to help you. I also know some relevant programming languages myself (C++, C#), but have absolutely no experience in the field of gaming programming, though I intend to learn at a later date. Additionally I would probably have enough with finishing my bachelor's degree this spring, which includes Kinect.

And when/if the mod kit comes out, I'll try doing this shapeshifter thing (my own mod) on the side, as I imagine it's mostly replacing existing player id's, stats and animations depending on creature, and some translation in space of where the animations of magic appear. If I manage all that, I would be satisfied and pass the stick and hope someone wants to write quests. But for my part, I have enough as it is to work on.

Though I wish you all luck with your project and hope you succeed.

Edited by manamoppet

Well, there is a mod on the Nexus that has a class like this planned..

He's already got some classes worked out and released, but not the shapeshifter.

But i thought it'd be a mod you might wanna keep your eyes on ;)

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3405

Well, there is a mod on the Nexus that has a class like this planned..

He's already got some classes worked out and released, but not the shapeshifter.

But i thought it'd be a mod you might wanna keep your eyes on ;)

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3405

Thanks for the tip ;)

Edit: But aren't classes and schools two entirely different things?

Edited by manamoppet