Vigilants of Stendarr :Paladin Order

Artistdude05

I really like this idea. Here are some ideas of my own:

The order consists of warriors (paladins) and mages (clerics). Paladins focus on combat with a little bit of restoration magic while clerics specialize on restorating, protection and "smite evil" magic if that's possible. AI packages should reflect that. There could be even more diversty by creating a heavily armored paladin with mace and shield to hold the line, a shock palading with armour and warhammer to kill the enemy as fast as possible. One type of cleric should specialize in healing and protection while the other one attacks the enemy with holy magic (which unfortunately doesn't exist in the TES magic system. Maybe with the help of the Creation Kit?).

Possible ranks for paladins: squire, knight, paladin, paladin captain, grand paladin

Possible ranks for clerics: layman, brother, cleric, priest, bishop

Paladins should get more aggressive, combat-oriented quests while clerics specialize in more supportive quests.

The order should have a nice headquarter and maybe 1 or 2 chapters. Would be great if they get updated as the story progresses. Those chapters need rooms for the staff, a stable, some laymen gathering resources and some craftsmen offering services. Maybe building one of the chapters from scratch would be an interesting questline. You need money, recruits, craftsmen, staff, materials and so on.

As a higher ranking member, you should be able to recruit followers to help you in your quests.

The order of Stendarr needs some appropriate armour. There used to be a mod with knight order armours made be Jeremy McGuinn, but he only completed 6 out off 9 orders. A possible source of inspiration?

Idea for architecture: http://www.counterfrag.com/screenshots/warlords%20battlecry%20III/02.jpg

That's the knight order from Warlords: Battlecry 3. I love that round architecture. Not only is it attractive, but it could also be associated with the round table philosophy.

Edited by Bismarck

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bismarck: You mean the Knights of Tamriel mod for Morrowind don't you? Yes theres some definate inspiration to be found there. As to the ranks etc a lot of this has been mentioned on the Vigilants forums where the the ideas are along similar lines to your own. ;)

When you become leader you should be able to make a fortress from it,the small house will become a giant keep and from the top of it there should a light which all of skyrim should see.This should be a giant stronghold bigger than any

other with white walls and a lot of houses inside the walls and around the courtyard with heavy armored soldiers protecting

it.when the people of skyrim see this the daedra will to and attack you from the shrines by opening there oblivion gates

and you will be able to close it like in oblivion and destroying the shrines.and random people with names like "villager"

or "recruit" will join you and you will also be able to recruit your followers"

i like the idea about the fortress though , reminds me of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Maybe the mod could have futures similar to what you see in there : invest in restoration and fortification of the order's headquarters , rebuild old fortresses or other locations to be a minor headquarters (can't come up with the right words atm) , save villagers then convince them to join the order or aid the order for example be the orders blacksmith and other things.

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds really interesting. Makes me hope Bethesda can bring mods to consoles, so I don't have to drop a couple grand on a pc that'll be outdated in a year.

if you drop that much on a PC it wont be outdated in a year, more like 6-7 years.

OT: this sounds like a very interesting mod, looking forward to its release, i always the the Vigilants of Stendarr could have been done much much better.

• 3 weeks later...

Now this I'd like to see happening!

The Vigil seemed like nothing but fodder for whatever Hostility is on the road, and the Vigil "Headquarters" per sey, could be wiped out by spawning a single hostile npc.

Improving them into a full-fledged Paladin/Knight Order and joinable would be Fantastic! please, Make this happen! :D

i'd love to play this mod

i've played an evil character, sneak and kill, kill and sneak are the mantra of my player

but i'd love to play a good aligned player, if you want an idea, make so that argent hand is a faction or at least in good terms with the stendarr, they share some ideas but argent are extremist in the werewolf killing thing

it's not really lore friendly but might give you some idea for quests or for npc to recruit

in my D&D player career the greatest achievement for my paladin was to restore a former paladin gone evil to his former status, and he was not meant to do it in my DM mind :)

the vigilantes really need a good HQ, stronger troops with better equip, quests (without quests this faction would still be boring)

something great would be quests to purify daedric artifacts (fight fire with fire) and this is really easy to do duplicating artifacts, changing some ench and their name

a way to do non lethal damage, so that you can arrest enemies instead of killing them, than with chains restrain them(or siply an object that toggles their ai off) if the targets are normal citizens, if the npc is something beyond saving(hagravens, vampire, werevolves, daedra) than greatsword, holy symbol and start bashing their heads :)

Edited by NanoCrudele