The main reason I come here...

gigantibyte

I have a 40 hr a week job, a live in girlfriend, and a 16 month old.

I completely agree with OP. I rarely play any games anymore but I have a soft spot for TES so I had to pick this up. I've had the game about a month and have only used one character who is now level 21, I've got about 30 hours played. I pretty much have to put in a hour here, 30 minutes there, usually when the g/f is watching some horrible show on MTV or TLC. She can't stand it if I play for (god forbid) two or three hours in one night. She calls Skyrim my "dork game." So I pretty much have to use fast travel just to get anything done at all.

I have a lot of down time at work so I read these threads, hardly ever post anything as you can see. Just get ideas for when I get my next opportunity to play a bit.

Games seem to attract a lot of people who have no other life. :tongue:

To have a job, you really need to devote as much time to finding one as you would if working.

To have a BF/GF, you need to spend a portion of your time talking to real live human beings. eventually you will find one who is compatible. Then you need to spend a portion of your time with them. - And not staring at a screen while they sit idly by.

To have a family is to give up some most of the time you would spend playing games.

Gaming should not be your life, it should be something to do when you don't have something else that needs doing. Get out and have fun while you still can. One day you will be old and not able to get out any more and will regret spending your youth doing nothing but playing games. :rolleyes:

My own circumstances: Retired, divorced for 35 years. Have a regular GF, who does not live with me. All of my children are grown and all have children of their own (9 grandkids). Don't play golf :yucky: . Can't stand dealing with most others my age as all they want to talk about is their latest operation or grandkids. There are exceptions though. It only takes a couple of hours a day to keep up house & yard so I have plenty of time on my hands for this hobby.

For those who are amazed that a 65 year old man plays computer games, who did you think invented them? :laugh:

Job- part time.

School - on summer break atm.

GF - been together for nearly 2 years. She's a gamer too so I get away with having gaming binges.

Job: Had one once, lasted a good 3 days before I was fired. :thumbsup:

School: Yep, the campus library is a nice and quiet place to sleep. Er, and study of course. Yes. :whistling:

Boyfriend: Had one once, lasted a good 3 days before we broke up. :thumbsup:

... Come to think of it... a lot of things I do only last for 3 days... what's up with that?... :psyduck:

If you don't mind me asking, what'd you do to get fired after three days?

Edited by tiberius xxx