Unrecognized Game Mode SkyrimSE w/ 0.63.5

Ghostmachine

Basically what the title says. I'm trying to download mods from Nexus via the mod manager, and consistently getting an "Unrecognized Game Mode skyrimse" error. I have done a totally clean install of NMM, which seemed to work with a similar issue a few years ago with regular Skyrim (which I found through a forum search). So, is this specific to my rig and set up, or is anyone else on 0.63.5 having this issue?

I've also cleared my browser's cache and all cookies associated with Nexus, so as to make sure there isn't some mod manager version info in there throwing things for a loop.

Edited by Ghostmachine

I'm getting the same error. Each time i click the "download with NMM" button, a NMM pop up error appears saying "Unrecognized Game Mode: skyrimse"

i have been downloading the mods manually and opening the zip file through NMM(the plus button under mods) just have to make sure theyre not set to read only... will edit after a proper test

EDIT: yeh its working fine downloading them manually. only have 6 mods installed, all worked fine.

Edited by PinkHappyKitten

This might not be the best solution for you but this one worked for me:

- Uninstall Nexus Mod Manager, also go to your "my games" folder and delete Nexus Mod Manager (This will also delete all the mods you have recently installed, keep that in mind) which should be located in the same hard drive where you installed NMM.

- When uninstalling NMM, make sure you remove all profile settings and such, leave no such traces

- Install NMM again, this time when you get to the part where it's scanning all the games available for NMM, cancel it, cross out Skyrim and only Keep Skyrim SE

- Also make sure that your Skyrim SE NMM has all the Associations (In general tab) checked

This is what I did and it worked for me, besides for now, you're better off downloading manually because the website is experiencing heavy loads and so NMM suspended the 'Download with manager' option due to the increased amount of people in the site lately, hope this worked for you two!