Relighting Skyrim and ELE - Light or Dark which is it?

Vermithraxxx

I'll start this as a comment - but I think it is a bug.

I have RS and ELE - Lite installed together as has been recommended in a couple of places. I have run LOOT a couple of time to make sure of the load order - generally RS first and ELE after. Upon playing I noticed sudden drastic interior light changes like light sources being turned on and off depending on the direction my character was facing - a little twist of the mouse and one area of the room goes completely dark from well lit. This was noticed in the Riften keep first and I use the right hand corner of the main hall just as you enter as my check point. Facing the throne from this corner I can get the back third of the hall to go dark or light depending on angle of view - and its very exact.

I've noticed this in Inns now and other building more and more.

So I checked my load order manually. There at least 6 separate .esp files involved:

Relighting_Skyrim at 10;
RelightingSkyrim_Legendary at 17;
ELE_Legendary_Lite at 18;
RSUSLEEP_Update at 39;
RSPatch at 58;
ELECompatibility_RSUSLEEP at 63

I think the second 3 are from the 'Relighting Skyrim - Updated for USLEEP' mod by E10X11. Can anyone help sort this out?

OK no replies to this here or in the 'Relighting Skyrim' mod forum. I had a recent very clear example in a Nord ruin dungeon: I am in a fairly large room looking straight at a torch on the opposite wall that is obviously a lighting source - the light pattern on the wall and on the floor is in a circular pattern centered on the torch. I turn my character's viewpoint just slightly to the right and presto - the entire wall and floor go black just as if someone turned off a switch on a genuine light bulb. There are no other objects obstructing view so no change of vantage point in this case can be affected by intervening objects. What the heck is going on?

Been doing my own troubleshooting by deactivating each mod while the other remains active. It is in fact the combination together that is causing the problem. Each mod on its own seems to work OK. The RSPatch.esp file is an empty plugin. I would like to move RSUSLEEP_Update above ELE_Legendary_Lite but LOOT disagrees. I think this bug was present before installing the USLEEP patch anyway.

My only recourse is to deactivate one of the two mods. The subtle improvements the mod authors are trying to implement are way over shadowed by the distraction of interiors going randomly light and dark. I think this might also be what others have referred to as 'flickering'.

I am disappointed at the lack of a response. I am quite willing to be told I have made some obvious user error but as of right now I cannot agree this mod combination is problem free as implied by the interior lighting mod recommendations out there. The particular mod versions involved are:

Enhanced Lighting for ENB - Lite v0_95b only interior lighting;

Relighting Skyrim no JIT v4.0.1

I may be I have discovered the cause: I had two RS .esps active, one for Skyrim and one for Skyrim legendary. Deactivating the Skyrim only esp seems to have fixed things at a couple of locations where I know the bug to occur. Now how I got both of these esps installed is a mystery, but potential users really need to pay attention to the load order instructions and check it manually not just depend on NMM and LOOT to get it right.

Edited by Vermithraxxx