Mod install order question using FOMM

crazz2323

Just wondering of the mods i use below, what should I have installed/activated first using FOMM? I know certain mods overwrite other mods files for example DARNUI asks to overwrite some of Project Nevada's files etc. So from this list, if I deactivated everything and re-activated it, what order should I active them in if I wanted to add DARNUI? I assume my load order is correct as well here. I do have FalloutNV.esm, DeadMoney.esm, HonestHearts.esm, OldWorldBlues.esm installed as well of course and I know those go first in the load order. I also have Poco Bueno texture pack installed as well.

The reason I ask is because if I wanted to try to use DARNUI now, I read you should disable Project Nevada and activate DARNUI first then reactive project Nevada. However, there are other mods that should be activated AFTER project Nevada so does deactivating Project Nevada and then reactivating it, screw up the other mods that should be activated after Project Nevada. See my confusion? Seems like I would need to deactivate them all first and then activate each mod including DARNUI one at a time in the proper order. Can anyone advise me please?

Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

Weapon Mod Expansion.esm

NSkies URWLified.esm

oHUD.esm

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp

Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp

Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp

NewVegasBounties.esp

NoFastTravel_NV.esp

WeaponModsExpanded.esp

WMX-ModernWeapons.esp

WMX-DeadMoney.esp

WMX-HonestHearts.esp

WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp

Weapon Mod Expansion.esp

EVE FNV.esp

WMX-EVE.esp

NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp

NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp

NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp

Total active plugins: 28

Total plugins: 29

Download BOSS, it will sort them out.

NSkies URWLified is obsolete, by the way, use Project Reality instead. It includes NSkies (sort of).

The Mod Configuration Menu goes below other files.

You need Unified Hud to run them all correctly. Read this for install order: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40340

Recommended Installation Order
It is important to install aHUD after Darns UI and before iHUD. 
Here is an example order to install iHUD and aHUD with Darns UI and Project Nevada:

1. Deactivate Unified HUD (if used).
2. Activate Darnified UI.
3. Activate Project Nevada
4. Activate Mod Configuration Menu (MCM)
5. Activate Adjustable HUD (aHUD).
6. Activate Immersive HUD (iHUD) *.
7. Activate Unified HUD *.

*Always install iHUD and uHUD last. And if you install any mod affecting the HUD after these, reinstall them both.

Skip mods you don't use.

Thanks! I used BOSS in the Fallout Mod Manager to sort the order already. It came with the latest version of FOMM. I am actually using the Unified HUD, forgot to mention that. I actually am using his all in one version that combines aHUD and iHUD. It's called oHUD. So would that affect things? So, if i want to add DarnUI at this point, i should deactivate everything then activate in the order you listed correct? What about this combo of aHUD and iHUD and the Unified HUD into oHUD? Can I just install oHUD after DARNUI then? Is DARNUI obsolete? I do not see any updates on it since last year and it's beta. Should I even bother?

Download BOSS, it will sort them out.

NSkies URWLified is obsolete, by the way, use Project Reality instead. It includes NSkies (sort of).

The Mod Configuration Menu goes below other files.

You need Unified Hud to run them all correctly. Read this for install order: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40340

Recommended Installation Order
It is important to install aHUD after Darns UI and before iHUD. 
Here is an example order to install iHUD and aHUD with Darns UI and Project Nevada:

5. Activate Adjustable HUD (aHUD).
6. Activate Immersive HUD (iHUD) *.

*Always install iHUD and uHUD last. And if you install any mod affecting the HUD after these, reinstall them both.

Skip mods you don't use.

Thanks! I used BOSS in the Fallout Mod Manager to sort the order already. It came with the latest version of FOMM. I am actually using the Unified HUD, forgot to mention that. I actually am using his all in one version that combines aHUD and iHUD. It's called oHUD. So would that affect things? So, if i want to add DarnUI at this point, i should deactivate everything then activate in the order you listed correct? What about this combo of aHUD and iHUD and the Unified HUD into oHUD? Can I just install oHUD after DARNUI then? Is DARNUI obsolete? I do not see any updates on it since last year and it's beta. Should I even bother?

oHUD is a good one. It comes with own instructions:

5. Activate all other HUD altering mods (see above list).
6. Activate One HUD (oHUD) *.

So, just do that, and you'll be golden. Yes, deactivate everything and reactivate it in this order.

You still need Unified HUD.

You also still need Mod Configuration Menu, without it you can't control the HUD (or not as conveniently).

You are using Project Nevada, no reason to remove it, so all you can skip is step 5.

DarnUI is old, the creator kind of does that thing, half-finish a port of his UI mod and leave it at that... I guess Darn just isn't into FalloutNV as much as Oblivion. Still, DarnUI works just fine. It's not necessarily the best UI mod out there, you can check out others, MTUI, Revelation. I personally use DarnUI this time because I don't care much for it, just wanted a UI that's usable.

Edited by FMod