Game freezes when camera gets close to Irileth

LordNyron

So my problem with the Dragonsreach cell is fixed, I can get inside without the game crashing. However, I'm in the process of turning in the Bleak Falls Barrow quest and getting the Dragon Rising quest. And so long as I'm not looking at Irileth when she runs up, the game is fine. However, the moment I turn to the camera to look at her the game freezes. Alt+Tab'ing just gives me a black screen. I can't even close the game. So I have to restart my computer or sign off in order to be able to do anything else. At first I thought that maybe it had something to do with the main hall, but that didn't make sense because it was just fine when I entered the room. It's only when Irileth is in the scene. She'll be right at the edge of the camera when it freezes, no sooner, no later. I'm not sure why this is happening. I'll probably try uninstalling Book of Silence or Superior Lore Friendly Hair since those are the only two mods affecting her, but I imagine it's something else.

I don't want to defame anyone's mod without some technical evidence, but in general ApachiiSkyHair hair has so many Polygons that it required a Pre-Cache killer for the Race Menu to keep Skyrim from crashing. After a while that was built into the Race menu I think. It doesn't matter that this is a 64 bit program. I wouldn't think, although we would expect it, that Bethesda addressed every glitch the game had. I didn't get to use many mods during the Beta but it just doesn't make sense for them to invest much money in this. They didn't even fix archive.exe so it could extract files from their own BSA files.

Personally, I'm not going to use hair mods for now. If the hair has a different skeleton to make a few of the hairs have Physics then that's going to be an issue because all that has to be updated first.

Edited by Sharlikran

Superior Lore Friendly Hair is simply a texture mod for the vanilla hairs. Makes them 2K with smooth and rough variations. If I had to guess it is probably that mod so that's the one I'll try removing first. And if it isn't that one, then it'll probably be Book of Silence Armors or Weapons. If it isn't any of those mods, then it means it's one that simply affects Dragonsreach and that doesn't play nice with Irileth for some reason.

EDIT: Turned off all three mods, didn't change anything. The game still froze, except this time I turned around before Irileth got there and it froze the second she came into view. Didn't look like anything was wrong with her. So now I'm baffled as to what could possibly be causing the game to freeze. Makes me feel like I'll have to use the console to skip this, but it might still happen during Dragon Rising when I return to Dragonsreach... heck I probably wouldn't be able to do the quest at all because I have to go with her to slay the dragon, and if it has nothing to do with Dragonsreach in particular, then it'll just keep freezing the moment she comes into view.

Edited by LordNyron

I don't want to defame anyone's mod without some technical evidence, but in general ApachiiSkyHair hair has so many Polygons that it required a Pre-Cache killer for the Race Menu to keep Skyrim from crashing. After a while that was built into the Race menu I think. It doesn't matter that this is a 64 bit program. I wouldn't think, although we would expect it, that Bethesda addressed every glitch the game had. I didn't get to use many mods during the Beta but it just doesn't make sense for them to invest much money in this. They didn't even fix archive.exe so it could extract files from their own BSA files.

Personally, I'm not going to use hair mods for now. If the hair has a different skeleton to make a few of the hairs have Physics then that's going to be an issue because all that has to be updated first.

With the vanilla char. creation I have had no problems using ApachiiSkyHair.

Only changing race, or sex is very slow.

The only reason I installed it is due to a NPC overhaul mod that recommends it, but not required.

I will check when I get home if I have any issues in Dragonsreach or not. I have not, and most likely will not bring over any armor, and weapons mods. To many do use custom textures.

So, LordNyron, you had three mods, the ones you listed? Just those three? Superior Lore Friendly Hair, Book of Silence Armors or Weapons, what's the third?

Well, Book of Silence is multiple mods. Armors and Weapons are two different mods. Those aren't the only mods I have installed of course, they're just the only ones that directly alter Irileth. No other mod touches anything on her.

I'm having this same issue, whenever Irileth gets too close, the game freezes. What are all the mods you have? I've tried disabling anything that could relate to it, but nothing works.

I have well over 230+ mods, the vast majority of which are texture mods, and would take way too long to list. Does Irileth have warpaint or a scar? I feel like maybe a mod related to those might be the cause if she does. It has to be something directly related to her in some way.