Can someone test whether this ENB works or not ?

anatolek

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62411/? - this is the ENB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDwy09_PJk4 - enb in action

I've used it some time ago and it looked glorious but now for some reason it doesn't work for me. DoF, detailed shadows, AO and many other settings do absolutely nothing, they don't even work, the sky is blinding white and there are a couple of other issues.

I'm running Vividian now and this one works fine, all the settings work flawlessly so I have no idea why this is happening

If someone could test it in their game and tell me which binary they used, I'd be super grateful, thanks !

In SkyrimPrefs.ini, under [Display], 0 essentially turns ENB off.

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1

In Skyrim.ini, under [Display], you probably want this for vsync:

iPresentInterval=1

Also from the mod page (I suspect your shadow values are wrong, too):

SETUP YOUR SKYRIMPREFS.INI
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bShadowsOnGrass=1
fGamma=1.0000

In SkyrimPrefs.ini, under [Display], 0 essentially turns ENB off.

In Skyrim.ini, under [Display], you probably want this for vsync:

iPresentInterval=1

Also from the mod page (I suspect your shadow values are wrong, too):

SETUP YOUR SKYRIMPREFS.INI

bTreesReceiveShadows=1

bDrawLandShadows=1

bShadowsOnGrass=1

fGamma=1.0000

"I'm running Vividian now and this one works fine, all the settings work flawlessly"

I know how to install ENBs, every other ENB I'm trying out works fine, but for some reason when I'm trying to use Serenity the settings just don't do anything, shadows are the same no matter if detailed shadows are enabled or not, AO doesn't work, DoF doesn't work etc etc. I've tried Vividian, K-ENB Pure Lights, Somber 3, Somber Luce Lucida, and they all work without any issues, it's just Serenity that is f*#@ed up and I have no idea why

There's still some sort of effect caused by the ENB but it just looks like total s*** for god knows what reason

Edited by anatolek

"I'm running Vividian now and this one works fine, all the settings work flawlessly"

Sorry. I missed that sentence. I'll give Serenity a try and report back. Your description just sounded like a textbook "iPresentInterval/Shadows" case.

Thanks a lot, I posted a thread on the enbdev forums, there are some screenshots that show my issues. I have also tried Somber 3 ENB, Somber Luce Lucida, K-ENB Pure Lights, Seasons of Skyrim. They all work fine. It is just Serenity that for some reason is f***ed up beyond all recognition

http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5270&sid=0931db709af744ad23a90f79d7cf87e0

Edited by anatolek

OK, I gave it a try. It worked, though it didn't look as good as in the video. It looked softer, more washed out and bloomy. I had my display brightness settings all the way down, too. My skies were blue and fine.

Here's what I did.

• Downloaded Serenity (not Tranquility) and the bloom fix.
  • Moved my previous enb directory and files out of the Skyrim dir.
  • Kept all of the various particle mesh fixes I already had installed.
  • Copied the proxy setting for sweetfx from enblocal.
  • Deleted enblocal.ini & enbhost from the Serenity dir. (Latest enbhost is the same file, though).
  • Moved all of the enb files (except enbseries.ini) into the enbseries directory.
  • Moved it to my Skyrim folder. I ignored the Data dir: Darker Dungeons files (already have 'em) and revamped exterior fog. That could make a difference in how it looks, but I don't think in the way you're describing.
  • Used enb 308.
  • Too lazy to remove Vivid Clouds & Fog, Enhanced Night Sky, or JawZ's skybox (reduced banding).

So I'm wondering if you have a lighting, weather, cloud or fog mod installed? Or if you previously had one installed, and it didn't get completely removed?

OTOH, I'm using Jawz's skybox, so maybe that file interacts better with this preset?

Sorry. Not much help.

OK, I gave it a try. It worked, though it didn't look as good as in the video. It looked softer, more washed out and bloomy. I had my display brightness settings all the way down, too. My skies were blue and fine.

Here's what I did.

• Downloaded Serenity (not Tranquility) and the bloom fix.
  • Moved my previous enb directory and files out of the Skyrim dir.
  • Kept all of the various particle mesh fixes I already had installed.
  • Copied the proxy setting for sweetfx from enblocal.
  • Deleted enblocal.ini & enbhost from the Serenity dir. (Latest enbhost is the same file, though).
  • Moved all of the enb files (except enbseries.ini) into the enbseries directory.
  • Moved it to my Skyrim folder. I ignored the Data dir: Darker Dungeons files (already have 'em) and revamped exterior fog. That could make a difference in how it looks, but I don't think in the way you're describing.
  • Used enb 308.
  • Too lazy to remove Vivid Clouds & Fog, Enhanced Night Sky, or JawZ's skybox (reduced banding).

So I'm wondering if you have a lighting, weather, cloud or fog mod installed? Or if you previously had one installed, and it didn't get completely removed?

OTOH, I'm using Jawz's skybox, so maybe that file interacts better with this preset?

Sorry. Not much help.

Well im retarded. I was copying the entire [skyrim Folder] of the enb archive into my actual Skyrim folder. I did what you did - copy the enb files into enbseries and the rest into my skyrim folder and it works fine.

THANKS!

Edited by anatolek