NPC Cloned aka the Philadelphia Experiment Bug

Bubblz

So I encountered this poor fellow at the Whiterun stables :)

Apparently he cloned himself and one of the clones spawned waist-deep into the ground and appears to be permanently stuck. The other two don't seem interested in helping him out at all. I didn't really try any fixes because honestly I kinda like the bug. I've been visiting the Louis' just to check up on them... and, yes, to laugh at their sad predicament. And also I'm kind of hoping it will happen on a boss ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a google search on this bug and came here.

And the EXACT same thing happened to me. His name is Louis Letrush, he is stuck in the ground and his clones stand next to him. Unlike you, I don't like and tried to get rid of it but couldn't :P There's no console commands for removing an NPC from what I can see.

Edited by Aladdin00

I have this exact issue too, at first it was just the poor sap stuck half-way into the ground and his clone, then at some point later on in the game there was a third.

I also have noticed a Thief and 3 of his clones standing beside the blacksmith in Riften and was wondering if this was related or not.

So I encountered this poor fellow at the Whiterun stables :)

Apparently he cloned himself and one of the clones spawned waist-deep into the ground and appears to be permanently stuck. The other two don't seem interested in helping him out at all. I didn't really try any fixes because honestly I kinda like the bug. I've been visiting the Louis' just to check up on them... and, yes, to laugh at their sad predicament. And also I'm kind of hoping it will happen on a boss ^^

try the disable command it worked for me just click on him and type disable

try the disable command it worked for me just click on him and type disable

Thanks for the tip- I'm sure others will find it useful, but it makes me laugh too much at the moment :D Although the game could get very weird if it happens to other NPC's or even worse some essential character.

I suppose they could try re-enabling him (after they disable) and see if that fixes it.

And yep, Aladdin00, it is Louis Letrush. I haven't noticed a thief by the blacksmit in Riften though- usually the guards kill them immediately so they don't do a lot of lingering.

Edited by Bubblz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another update! Just keel them. Not that you need a mod for this but it's kind of funny XD

Mod link

This small mod remove "Essential" status from NPC Louis Letrush, if you have multiple copies of Letrush outside of Whiterun Stables, now you can kill them.

Just one simple change and nothing more.

Installation: put file into the game Data directory.

After you kill all copies/clones and Saved your game, you can simply delete this mod.