Those goblins sure like head

MidbossVyers

So I finished the Goblin Trouble quest and sold the Goblin Staff to Rowley at the Wawnet Inn (from Vile Lair). After coming back from doing something else, I found the Inn attacked by 2 Bloody Hand goblins. I managed to end them without any casualties. A couple days later, I came and found another 2 Bloody Hand goblins. Easy to kill, but are goblins so obsessed with their staffs that they would go deep into human settlement?

If you didn't kill the Bloody Hand goblin shaman here's what the UESP Wiki on Goblin Trouble says you have to look forward to:

If you keep the staff, the goblin war will be over. However, the Bloody Hand Goblins will still be looking for their staff and come after you (given you didn't kill their shaman or their war chief). Keep in mind that they can smell you and your staff from a long way away and are able to jump you anywhere, anytime...for as long as you possess the staff. These goblins have even been known to enter Oblivion gates in pursuit of their staff, so don't be surprised if you find them inside the Planes of Oblivion while you are carrying it.

If you have a bit of a grudge against someone buy it back from Rowley and then leave it at their house.

When you first got the staff did you kill the shaman and war chief? If not, perhaps if you go back and kill them the rest of the clan will settle down. I didn't leave any survivors when I did that quest, and have the staff stored in one of my houses. Any time I'm around Cracked Wood Cave the respawning goblins outside come over to 'greet' me (and I introduce them to whatever sharp weapon I happen to favour that day) and the few times I've gone in the cave they act like a normal goblin clan (i.e. make it clear I'm not welcomed, as situation I dispute). The Bloody Hands never drop by uninvited though.

- Edit - According to the UESP Wiki for Cracked Wood Cave the goblin shaman is non-respawning, while the goblin war chief does respawn. Drop in for a visit and see if the goblin shaman is there. If she is, give her a long sleep.

Edited by Striker879

• 4 months later...
Having all of the goblin tribes come after you at once is pretty worthwhile as well- especially if you are in the Cheydinhall well and have a water-breathing spell. :wink: So many goblin corpses were down there, I had to delete their bodies using the console to get out again :sweat: