A question about "Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition"

timone317

I've played both Fallout titles over the past year which became available to me when a friend gave me his PC that had both games installed on it, and I've really loved every second of the games. Since I don't own my own copy of New Vegas I've been stuck with playing just Dead Money, Honest Hearts, and the mods available on this site. I haven't purchased Old World Blues or Lonesome Road yet simply because I don't think I'd be able to download it without waiting an entire day due to my internet speed. I just now found out abou Bethesda releasing the Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition for PC and I'm really interested in buying it since it comes with all the DLC. However, I'm a bit concerned about it...is this just going to be a repackaging of the original disc with a second DLC disc or will the game engine be updated on the first disc to include all the latest patches? I'd hate to install all the DLC and then have to install a patch for it.

Both Fallout titles? :confused:

There are 6 Fallout titles. :wallbash:

Im going to assume it contains the patches since your system would explode when you install the DLC's without them and when I got Fallout 3 GOTY i didnt have to wait on any updates. On the chance that you need to wait on updates Im sure a 5 minute wait wont kill you.

I've actually got all my mods in a back up folder, I wanted to reinstall everything from scratch, and I'm worried about running into some sort of conflict since the mods will be old files and this will be a fresh install of the game.

Are you going to start a new game?

Yes: Best to reinstall all your mods, using Wrye Flash installer feature, to put them all right. And don't forget to check for updates.

No: Back up your entire Data folder, move it, then copy-paste it into the new install, without overwriting anything.

There will be no conflicts.

No, I'm going to be keeping my old saves and I have the original mod zip folders set aside. All I'm doing is removing my friend's copy from the computer and installing everything fresh (and getting Steam), mainly because I jumped into modding with no previous experience and I made quite a few mistakes that I'd like to go back and correct (such as using a super mutant retexture that has permanently left all super mutants with pale green skin). I've never heard of this Wyre Flash Installer, if I use that would I have to go merge folders myself or does that program do it for you?