Building Outdoor Structures is Miserable

NexBeth

Is it just me or is it just extremely difficult to grab on to and move around outdoor building pieces in exterior cells in this new CK??

I have a lot of fun just building and creating, but so far its kinda been a chore. I have to zoom completely in to the piece in order to grab it, but then I really can't see what I'm doing to manipulate it into position in the world space.

What is causing this and is their a resolution?

Edited by NexBeth

It seems that objects in the vicinity get in the way, even though they are not even in the render window, particularly trees.

I submerged all trees below the landscape to do the work I needed, then placed the trees back up when done. Worked much better.

• 1 month later...

Start out at a distance, click on clouds, trees, and whatever other crap is in the way, and hit 1 1. It will hide the object, so you can work without selecting it. Hitting 1 only once will semi-hide it, so you can see where you're placing things. HItting it twice hides it completely, and a third time (as long as you haven't unselected, brings it back. It's good for clearing your work space, and for testing that you've selected the right thing, before moving or deleting something. When you're ready to see it all again hit alt + 1 or just hit f5 and let it re-render. If you close without doing so, no problem. It'll all be back when you reload.

Start out at a distance, click on clouds, trees, and whatever other crap is in the way, and hit 1 1. It will hide the object, so you can work without selecting it. Hitting 1 only once will semi-hide it, so you can see where you're placing things. HItting it twice hides it completely, and a third time (as long as you haven't unselected, brings it back. It's good for clearing your work space, and for testing that you've selected the right thing, before moving or deleting something. When you're ready to see it all again hit alt + 1 or just hit f5 and let it re-render. If you close without doing so, no problem. It'll all be back when you reload.

I know how to hide pieces. Have you done this in the SE CK? That doesn't work for me with the new CK. Even though the items are hidden, they are still "in the way" and clickable, or perhaps I am picking up on far distant trees because bounds are huge now with items in the new CK. Also, the problem with not being able to grab interior ice or snowy pieces is a major problem. I've tried several ice or snowy kit pieces today and was not able to grab any of them. However, no problem grabbing their non-snow counterparts.

Edited by NexBeth

Yeah, I have noticed the gigantic bounds on things, but the hiding still works and clears spaces for me. Not sure why that would be happening to you, unless they changed something in an update. I haven't used any snow-covered stuff lately. I'll go in and fiddle around with it a bit, later tonight, and see if I can cause it to happen or figure out what it's doing.

I even turned off trees outdoors and still pick up trees. LOL But, I can live with that hassle because eventually I'll be able to latch on to what I need. The other problem is different.

I'd appreciate knowing if you have the same problem as I do with icy kit pieces. CaveIShelf01_Ice and CaveGWallCorner01ice are just a couple of many I tried.

Update: Seems that pieces with the Directional Material listing IceShader01 has the problem, so something wrong with that shader?

Edited by NexBeth

Well, I just signed into launcher and got the update notice, and both my CreationKit.ini and CreationKitPrefs.ini are updated. This is following the newest live update, which I think was a couple of days ago.

I now get a giant box of warnings, that I've never seen before and doesn't seem to want to go away, telling me about all manner of things going wrong. When I finally get it settled down (somewhere around 76 warnings) I pull the CavelShelf01_ice out into the world, and get a bunch of warnings about shaders. This stuff isn't my strong point, but my guess would be this last update (once again) borked something between the shaders and the CK, so I believe you are correct. As to how to fix that, I do not know. Once I have the ice shelf out, as you have experienced, it just cannot be interacted with in any way. My ck is all but useless to me now (again.)

Starting to wonder if I wasn't just better off using the "weak" oldrim, instead of bothering with this.