Gilgondorin bug?

eregor2

hi, I need help regarding Golgodorin whatever his real name(I dont remember correctly after leaving the game), the thing is I was pointing to him regarding the phantom on the bay but this guy dont know anything regarding it, another bug maybe? :/

btw I'm still looking to buy Skyrim after the completion of Oblivion and his 2 addons.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another of my Striker quote-a-thons from the UESP Wiki (this time it's The Forlorn Watchman (also as usual, emphasis added):

Notes

There is no need to return to Gilgondorin for information appertaining to the Mouth of the Panther if you carefully observe the direction the Forlorn Watchman is pointing. By precisely following such, you will notice a landmark icon appear within your compass; this is the Mouth of the Panther.

At the sacrifice of roleplaying, there is, in fact, no need to speak with Gilgondorin at all. Being at Bawnwatch Camp after 8 pm allows the remainder of the quest to fall into place. The fastest way of all is to find the Watchman at his Fort Irony vigil; he is there in the wee hours of the morning. You cannot, however, simply venture within the ship without first encountering and following the Watchman. The ghost of the final traitor will not appear, thus prohibiting you from entering the last room.

It is possible, particularly if you fast travel to Bawnwatch Camp late at night, that the ghost will start the trek late. If the time approaches morning, this will result in the Watchman disappearing as you walk. For this reason, it is best to start at the suggested time; 8 pm. If you know where the watchman goes, directly above and west of Fort Irony, you can find him there after about 9:00 any night once the quest has started.

Edited by Striker879

Here's another of my Striker quote-a-thons from the UESP Wiki (this time it's The Forlorn Watchman (also as usual, emphasis added):

Notes

There is no need to return to Gilgondorin for information appertaining to the Mouth of the Panther if you carefully observe the direction the Forlorn Watchman is pointing. By precisely following such, you will notice a landmark icon appear within your compass; this is the Mouth of the Panther.

At the sacrifice of roleplaying, there is, in fact, no need to speak with Gilgondorin at all. Being at Bawnwatch Camp after 8 pm allows the remainder of the quest to fall into place. The fastest way of all is to find the Watchman at his Fort Irony vigil; he is there in the wee hours of the morning. You cannot, however, simply venture within the ship without first encountering and following the Watchman. The ghost of the final traitor will not appear, thus prohibiting you from entering the last room.

It is possible, particularly if you fast travel to Bawnwatch Camp late at night, that the ghost will start the trek late. If the time approaches morning, this will result in the Watchman disappearing as you walk. For this reason, it is best to start at the suggested time; 8 pm. If you know where the watchman goes, directly above and west of Fort Irony, you can find him there after about 9:00 any night once the quest has started.

at the NE of Bravil, I found some ruins untitled, I waited there all night but no ghost, also the south there is Father Athis tower ruins, I waited also there but no ghost. I cant locate but probably not found the Mouth of the panther, same for Bawnwatch camp, let me know in which directions I must follow to encouter these 2 locations, thx Striker

just reading your reply again and I've not found Fort Irony.

Notes

at the NE of Bravil, I found some ruins untitled, I waited there all night but no ghost, also the south there is Father Athis tower ruins, I waited also there but no ghost. I cant locate but probably not found the Mouth of the panther, same for Bawnwatch camp, let me know in which directions I must follow to encouter these 2 locations, thx Striker

just reading your reply again and I've not found Fort Irony.

I finally found Bawnwatch Camp then the watchman, I followed him next to Fort Irony where he said something about "please release me" that's all, I saved my game and jumped here to let you know, now i will see what he do next.

You need to take note of the direction he points when he stops walking ... that's the direction to the Mouth of the Panther. Once you find the right spot have a nice fight ... I know I did first time (if you can call cussing about every two seconds a 'nice fight' ... hehe).

You need to take note of the direction he points when he stops walking ... that's the direction to the Mouth of the Panther. Once you find the right spot have a nice fight ... I know I did first time (if you can call cussing about every two seconds a 'nice fight' ... hehe).

I did have a nice fight, thanks to you I was prepared (both sword and dagger fully charged) and finally found the treasure too :)

My first time I didn't know about having enchanted weapons or silver. I was pretty low level and didn't have much magicka so even with the weak fire spell I started the game with it took forever (and more than a few saves) to whittle them down to size. I lead them outside so I could stay alive while I worked.

My first time I didn't know about having enchanted weapons or silver. I was pretty low level and didn't have much magicka so even with the weak fire spell I started the game with it took forever (and more than a few saves) to whittle them down to size. I lead them outside so I could stay alive while I worked.

that must be quite a fight I believe you!

I'm level 22 and a warrior, I didnt have to take potions but the entire fight was challenging.