Building new Things out of old Things

madman132

When creating my little "Mods" which are mostly more or less useful Variations of other mods, done for myself, like rearranget Furniture in "Santuary Subterranus" or creating some Kind of Superarmor for those "impossible to rescue" NPCs like Farwil Indarys, that Moron, I Like to use Stuff that is already there.

To create your everyday Superweapon, i'll use .nif's and .dds Files from the original Oblivion instead of creating new ones or begging you Guys to make some for me or worse, simply steal them.

The Oblivion "Stuff" is simply the most "Oblivionesque" stuff around. Stuff from Oblivion fits perfectly in Oblivion. Like it was made for it :D o_O

For Weapons, i like the Fine Steel Meshes. Espcecially the Sword, it posseses a simple but striking beauty. Armor? Blackwood Company. Altough i could life without the Company Symbol carved into the Backside of the Chestplate and the Shield.

In the "Romancing of Eyja"-Mod, which is a must have in my Opinion, by the Way, there's a Pool table in your Skingrad house Cellar. You cant play Billard with it, that would have to be one Hell of a scripting Effort, so its basically useless.

Its a nice Joke having the Pooltable in my cellar, but its prety much useless, so i deleted it to put a Lamp and a Table there. Not a selfdesigned table and no selfmade Lamp. Its a Lantern from Vanilla Oblivion, as is the Table.

So my Gear in Oblivion is made out of Stuff from Oblivion.

I like editing Maps, Gear and so on in various Games using stuff from that Game.

I like exploring Options in the Editor, putting Things in the Game that were supposed to be there, but didnt make it in the final Version.

Like the "Kettenrad" in Battlefield 1942. Its a Vehicle that isnt used in normal Maps, so People who would play my Maps get to drive a Vehicle which they have never seen, without having to copy files except the actual Map.

In Oblivion, theres Mehrunes Razor. This Dagger is nowhere to be found in the Game, unless you have the downloadable Plugin.

But it is in the CS, so you may create a Weapon nobody has ever seen in the Game, without having the Players download extra .Nif and .dds files.

You could hide this Dagger somewhere in your Mod as a Surprise. No one would expect that after putting one esp file in the data folder, a new Weapon here could be actually a Surprise.

Otherwise, People wont be surprised if you have them copy a "superweapon.nif" file :D

In the "Romancing of Eyja" Mod you can fall in Love with your Maid. Eyja is a Nord, so she uses the Nord female Voice.

Everything she says is taken from Sampla that are already ingame, as Samples form Orcish or Nord Women.

And its wonderful. Sometimes you'll even forget youre playing a mod.

Its amazing Work. Eyja speaks Sentences that are used in the Game somewhere, so you have a very good voice without having to install samples. Plus, Eyja wont change her Voice, like she would have the normal Nord femal Voice before you begin the Quest and change it to some custom voice afterwards...

And Everything fits. Every Sentence shes saying is already said in another context by another character, but it fits in perfectly. I really admire the work that has been done here. Hearing every Sample from Orc and Nord Women must have been tedious.

Note: You will have to install some Soundfiles. Its some romantic Music =)

Something like this is amazing. You take Stuff from ingame and build new things out of that.

Plus, you wont have tons and tons of texture files for every little Supergear mod you are using =)

If you dont like the mod, delete the .esp file and thats it.

Archived