Requested: This Sword.

xeightballx

This Sword -> http://i.imgur.com/D6UCV.jpg

except with a more of a 'dragon bone' hilt.

I was thinking something along the lines of the top of THIS staff as the hilt, with a gem (blue, red, black, silver, whatever) in the mouth at the base of the hilt, all of course, 'looking' like the hilt is made from bone and metal, like the dragon bone plate armor.

Preferably not as a replacement for a mesh or texture, etc... - and as something to craft at the forge.

Just a thought. Would be great if someone could do it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can!

Edited by xeightballx

This Sword -> http://i.imgur.com/D6UCV.jpg

except with a more of a 'dragon bone' hilt.

I was thinking something along the lines of the top of THIS staff as the hilt, with a gem (blue, red, black, silver, whatever) in the mouth at the base of the hilt, all of course, 'looking' like the hilt is made from bone and metal, like the dragon bone plate armor.

Preferably not as a replacement for a mesh or texture, etc... - and as something to craft at the forge.

Just a thought. Would be great if someone could do it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can!

Thats not that hard to make actually, making it in 3D doesnt require lot of detail, textures are other thing

Here's a quickie WIP shot. The way they have their shaders set up this time around is annoying. The specular map on this is almost completely black where the bone parts are and it still shines as if it were bright gray.

I also have a bronze-ish corroded blade and a rusty blade so there will be 3 versions included.

EDIT: Obsolete image removed.

Edited by Mr. Dave

Wow, very nice. I don't know if I like the handle though. Maybe make it look like an ivory handle like a mammoth tusk handle.

I'm just going by what the OP requested. Personally, I think it should have a leg style bone with a broken off end and a leather wrapping of sorts, but I'll wait for his input.... although a mammoth tusk style would probably fit the bill just as well. :D

Funny thing is, back in 1984 I made a RL version that was very similar to this.

• 2 weeks later...
I laughed when I saw OP but very good idea. The WIP sword is very nice. The handle is more practical but maybe a mammoth tusk texture and straight tip would match the original a bit better. For those who have not seen the movie the handle is actually the horn of a unicorn. The sword is pulled from the skull of a dead unicorn so that is why you see a clean handle followed by rough bone. Edited by TardOnPC

I'm doing a dragon hilt dagger for Bob's next, so I may modify the handle from that and make this a new one. The more I see the handle, the more I hear Scooby Doo going Ruh Roh! It just looks too much like a cartoon bone handle instead of a bone handle.

My personal preference would be for a metal set of quillions with the bone ricasso and handle and maybe a metal pommel.

Okay... I looked at the dragon staff model and went ahead and made a handle that resembles it, yet is straight so it would reasonably make a grip... still don't know what I'm going to do with the quillions...

Progress on everything is slow right now due to us moving the office and me and one of the interns moving as well to remain close to the new location, so updates are slow all around.