What type of graphics card are you using?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512mb 4MB RAM

I have had no trouble at all running Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Hellgate London with everything maxed. I do notice that as I get more stuff on the machine, there is the occassional stutter in Oblivion, but I average 55-60 FPS with no overclocking or tweaking, so I'm doing pretty good I think with what I've got. I'm lovin it!

• 2 weeks later...

I use a Nvidia 8600GT 1GB

4GB DDR2 ram

it runs oblivion and most other games ace.

Ive got oblivion running with everything on full and with anti-aliacing on x8 (although im not to sure what it does)

its got HDMI port, DVI port and regular monitor port thing (the blue one)

I'm using a Nvidia Geforce 7600 gs. I'm running Oblivion on max or close to it, and with the help of mods, it's working rather fairly. I'm probably straining the card though, as in the last year or so, the Card's fan has become very noisy at times, and it happens randomly, and almost all the time on PC startup, but then it gets quiet again after a few minutes. I've been thinking about upgrading, but I don't know what would be a good upgrade for that model (Gateway FX510X series) which is about 3 years old, runs off of Windows XP, has an Intel Core 2 duo, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Your rig is a beast! I'm not sure why you're having problems with gameplay with a setup like that. Have you updated your video card driver recently? It may be that the latest driver is glitchy so you may want to rollback your driver. Or maybe, it's the other way around and you need to upgrade your video card driver.

How do I check my ingame FPS ?

You can open the game console by typing the tilde key '~' then type in tdt (toggle debug text) to let you view fps.

Other console commands here.

That could be....the machine is only a month old, it was the latest from HP and I bought it before the store even put a price tag on it. The tech told me about it so I took a look and bought it, but the card has been out longer and I just used the drivers from the BFG install disc.

This machine screams, I used to run on Ultra with no troubles at all...but the last few days the performance has really dropped.

I just checked my FPS in the forest....Running I started out around 60 then dropped to 38...seems to average around 46. I checked walking around the IC Market District and its the same, it starts at around 60 then after I made a couple turns it dropped to the high 30's - mid 40's and stayed there.

Running high with all distant views turned off, full screen at 1680x1050.

Im going to check my drivers now.