Mod Updates using NMM

Vermithraxxx

Gopher's video series on NMM is for several versions ago of course though still very helpful. The question I have concerns mod updating. As per the video I download the new version with the manager, disable the old version, and then install the new version. Now a box pops up informing me a previous version already exists - do I want to update? Clicking 'yes' is not working - NMM is getting the versions confused at least as far as labeling goes. One of the two cannot be accessed for removal or installation after. Now this happened on several attempts with different mods so I am assuming I am doing something wrong - perhaps with these later versions of NMM I _do not_ disable the old version at all.

Clicking 'no' installs the mod 'normally' it says and I have been able to get by with this for now. The problem with a new install with a complex mod that overwrites other mods is I am asked which to overwrite and which to not and I have to figure all that out again. Unless I can find info on what I did before or what I should do now I may end up with a conflict I did not have before updating. All very time consuming. I would like to just click 'yes' and have NMM just change what needs to change which is how it is designed to work I presume.