Vampire mod that's actually fun and useful

AeonsLegend

Ok, the vampire disease brings some fun aspects into the game, but the whole "need to feed" is just a pain. Here's some thoughts on how to improve it without overpowering your character.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have all basics of a vampire present (see "Effects across all stages" in http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vampirism_(Skyrim) )

Remove current "stages" completely and replace by:

After feeding once within 48 hours:

• Add abilities of stage 1, after 48 hours these abilities disipate.
  • Add stats of stage 1, after 48 hours these abilities disipate

Do NOT add stat: Weakness to Sunlight - Health, Magicka, and Stamina do not recover while in sunlight and are reduced by 15 points.

After feeding twice within 48 hours, but with 24 hours in between (must be different target than first):

• Replace abilities of stage 1 with abilities of stage 2, after 48 hours of 1st feeding time these abilities disipate
  • Replace stats of stage 1 with stats of stage 2, after 48 hours of 1st feeding time these abilities disipate

Do NOT add stat: Weakness to Sunlight - Health, Magicka, and Stamina do not recover while in sunlight and are reduced by 30 points.

If a vampire does not feed then the following occurs:

• After 48 hours max health is reduced by 5%, max stamina is reduced by 5%
  • After 96 hours, max health is reduced by 10%, max stamina is reduced by 10%
  • After 144 hours, max health is reduced by 15%, max stamina is reduced by 15%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the above makes the whole vampire business less tedious to play with and you can still basically stick to what the game offers. It's essentially reverse effects without too much stress if you dont feel like "feeding" because you're doing a quest. In this way you suffer minimally without feeding and actually are rewarded for feeding. Also the longer time it takes for negative effects to kick in is quite lenient. I didn't add the third or fourth stage abilities. Don't know if they are necessary or that much better than the ones in 1 and 2. Plus I wouldn't know how to link this to feeding without making it either impossible or too easy to obtain the abilities

Thoughts welcome!

Edited by AeonsLegend

I have the same idea. Just not so detailed , I'm also fine with the times , need to feed every 2-4 days and such.

I'm hoping for just a mirror of the current Vampire settings into a more productive variant

also oblivion did have a neat mod that allowed us to turn companions , and npcs.

Thought that'd be interesting. Scaled appropriately

Edited by m3rr

Yeah all I want really is a less tedious vampire and not an overpowered one. There's a couple of vampire mods, but many of them just tweak looks or a single stat. One of them is an overhaul, but it just overpowers your character so you can't efficiently roleplay within the games preset balance. The werewolf transformation already sucks and the vampire one is like what it's described, a disease with too many drawbacks.

This is TES Skyrim not Twilight. Vampires have a problem with sunlight. It's a disease not a tween drama.

The aversion to sunlight is in the basics if you actually bothered to read it. I just noted it should not be worsened while feeding which is logical, because blood is supposed to make one stronger, not weaker. I added a separate part that if one goes without feeding the HP and Stamina goes down, although this is not sun/dark depended, just lack of blood dependent.

• 6 months later...

Just Checking up on these things.

Funny thing - if this were twilight..-y

We'd have to throw in a gloomy emo pedophile who stalks the first vulnerable girl he comes across

That's not much in the way of RP

Curious if anyones come about to modding the Vampires?