Nifcope - Change one mesh/texture out for a new one

I made a mod today that let's you catch the bugs in a jar instead of killing them. The only problem is that I'm limited to the 5 bugs in jars already in the game. I opened up NifScope, but know nothing...

I found the bugs in jars and opened them and even applied the textures so you could see them. Then I found the bee mesh/texture. I hoped I could just delete it and import the blue butterfly and other bugs in the place of the deleted bee. But Nifscope doesn't seem to work like that...

In this picture, what should i do to delete the 3 bee parts (wing/and 2 body parts) and import the moth parts?

Even if you could point me toward a good tutorial, that would help a lot.

thanks!

1. Open the nif containing the bug you want, right click the branch with the name of the bug (e.g. Bee [12]), then go to Block -> Copy Branch
  2. Now open the nif with your bee in the jar, delete the branch "Bee [12]" by right clicking -> Block -> Remove Branch
  3. Next select the branch that contained the one you just deleted and right click it, then go to Block -> Paste Branch

I won't guarantee this will work though, you may have to copy/paste/remove the branch the NiNode branch is contained in instead, also if its animated there may be still more involved

it'd probably be a better idea to copy the jar over into the bug's nif instead, actually

trial and error is always key when you don't know squat though!

p.s. i wanna catch bugs :) lemme know how you get on

Edited by rubyruby0