FIX for CTDs and Missing Textures- 32bit Large Memory Access

LMahesa

Nope. I've run the game from the same save at the beginning, and every time I get pushed down to the block and my head hits it, bam. CTD without an error. Note, this is a recurring crash and I have loaded an earlier save from a cave. Everything is fine until I try to go outside. The game crashes as I'm loading. I'm stuck without any way of continuing in Skyrim. Is there possibly any way of fixing this without a reinstall of everything?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried reinstalling? I had a similar experience with Oblivion AND Fallout 3, whereby one of the data files somehow was corrupted during installation. The internals of my PC at the time were quite messy, I suspect the cabling.

Hello and Thank you

I was having random but increasingly occurring CTD for the game and came upon your suggestion for the fix to make Windows give 3Gb User Memory.

I have not gone on to edit the Skyrim.ini yet as the windows edit is working so well at the moment. It works great for me and I hope others try it. Before the fix the game was slowly losing its magical appeal but now that special immersion is back ! Thanks again.

Daveaze & Wraith Darkholm: Glad to hear it! It makes a huge difference doesn't it when you don't have to restart every five damned minutes, eh? Enjoy!

Pananacakes: Which woes? I haven't been following as I'm still on 32 bit but I will be shifting sometime next week.

Oh my freaking god it worked. i was at the point where the only way i could play the game was with all the graphics turned down as low as they could possibly go. now after entering a few ridiculously short lines of text i can push EVERYTHING to ultra. it's incredible man. thank you.

• 3 weeks later...