FIX for CTDs and Missing Textures- 32bit Large Memory Access

LMahesa

LM,

Before your contribution:

- 1,000 (AT LEAST) Crash-to-Desktops(CTDs)

- System hangs "Skyrim is not responding" along with potentially costly CPU and GPU hardware usage increasing in both capacity and tempuratures, according to gpu-z and core-temp hardware monitors.

- 450 saves (not quicksaves) just to progress to a level 20.

After implementing your contribution (combined ith the 4G memory mod :smile:

- FLAWLESS up to level 20 with 4 active followers - my current point in play as I post this and took great effort on my part to stop my play on Skyrim but I owed you some serious GRATITUDE!

SPECS:

WIN 7 Ultimate 32-bit

AMD Vishera 8-core cpu

ATI Radeon 4870 1G DDR5 GPU (4870 is one of the most popular gpu's and most likely is still today)

FWIW: Folks wanting to try what I did, you will want to do a true, pristine install which is not the typical way your average user would expect. Instructions can be found here: Pristine Skyrim Install

...Will amend this post as I progress in the game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm this is like increadibly old, the new Skyrim update is already LAA, this patch is not needed anymore - just update the game from Steam.

Wrong.

The LAA Fix Enables Skyrim To Use more Than 2GB Of RAM In 64-Bit OS's, But, 32-Bit OS's Can Only Adress 2GB For Applications, So Even Though The LAA Fix Enables The Game To Make Use Of 2GB RAM, The 32-Bit OS's Won't Support More Than 2GB Of RAM For The Applications. The Only Way To Fix This Is To Make The 32-Bit Adress More Than 2GB For The User's Applications, And That's Exactly What This Fix Does.

I Confirm That This Fix Is Working And That The Author Has Really Saved My Game. I Was Experiencing Random Crashes Everywhere "WITHOUT ANY MODS" And I Searched "Literally" The Internet For More Than 2 Weeks To Find A Fix But I Wasn't Successful, Until I Found This Wonderful Fix And I Have No Crashes At All Now.

Again, Thank You Very Much LMahesa

Edited by mohabhardy

I was so excited to see this. I was having CTDs about every 120 seconds and I thought this would finally be the answer. Unfortunitly it didn't work for me :(. When I boot into the new 3GB option, I noticed that my screen is very slow to refresh. If I close a window it takes a few seconds and sort of fades from the top to the bottom as it disappears. The whole O/S and Desktop seems very slow. When I try to start Skyrim I get an "Unable to initialize renderer" error and the game doesn't even start. Here are my specs:

Windows XP SP 3

AMD Athlon Dual core Processor 4050e 2.10GHz

4GB RAM (Windows shows 3.25GB in System Properties)

ATI Radeon HD 7750 1GB video card

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

Ummm this is like increadibly old, the new Skyrim update is already LAA, this patch is not needed anymore - just update the game from Steam.

Wrong.

The LAA Fix Enables Skyrim To Use more Than 2GB Of RAM In 64-Bit OS's, But, 32-Bit OS's Can Only Adress 2GB For Applications, So Even Though The LAA Fix Enables The Game To Make Use Of 2GB RAM, The 32-Bit OS's Won't Support More Than 2GB Of RAM For The Applications. The Only Way To Fix This Is To Make The 32-Bit Adress More Than 2GB For The User's Applications, And That's Exactly What This Fix Does.

I Confirm That This Fix Is Working And That The Author Has Really Saved My Game. I Was Experiencing Random Crashes Everywhere "WITHOUT ANY MODS" And I Searched "Literally" The Internet For More Than 2 Weeks To Find A Fix But I Wasn't Successful, Until I Found This Wonderful Fix And I Have No Crashes At All Now.

Again, Thank You Very Much LMahesa

I read the OP wrong... there's a thread just like this with a 4GB mod, not Windows Mod (which is correct)

I was so excited to see this. I was having CTDs about every 120 seconds and I thought this would finally be the answer. Unfortunitly it didn't work for me :(. When I boot into the new 3GB option, I noticed that my screen is very slow to refresh. If I close a window it takes a few seconds and sort of fades from the top to the bottom as it disappears. The whole O/S and Desktop seems very slow. When I try to start Skyrim I get an "Unable to initialize renderer" error and the game doesn't even start. Here are my specs:

Windows XP SP 3

Thanks!

I Think That's A Graphics Card Driver Issue, Try To Completely Uninstall Your Drivers, Then Install The Latest Drivers.

If That Doesnt Work, Go To

C:\Users\<YOURNAME>\Documents\my games\skyrim

Then Delete Skryim.ini And SkyrimPref.ini, Then Open The Launcher Again And Try.

Try To Uninstall And Reinstall The Whole Game From Scratch.

If All Of That Did Not Work, I'am Afraid You Will Have To Install A 64-Bit OS To Play The Game Without Crashes.

• 1 month later...

I was so excited to see this. I was having CTDs about every 120 seconds and I thought this would finally be the answer. Unfortunitly it didn't work for me :sad:. When I boot into the new 3GB option, I noticed that my screen is very slow to refresh. If I close a window it takes a few seconds and sort of fades from the top to the bottom as it disappears. The whole O/S and Desktop seems very slow. When I try to start Skyrim I get an "Unable to initialize renderer" error and the game doesn't even start. Here are my specs:

Windows XP SP 3

Thanks!

I have the same issue as trakes. CTDs every few minutes, but once I boot with the 3GB option, the whole system is very slow and choppy. My graphic cards drivers are up to date. My specs:

Windows XP 32bit

Intel Core2 CPU 6400 2.12 GHz

4 GB RAM installed, 3.25 visible in Windows

AMD Radeon HD 6570 2GB graphics card

I don't exactly want to invest into a new OS just for the sake of Skyrim, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'll be very happy and grateful.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...