Make Wild Creatures Rideable?

GLITCHEDMATRIX

Is there a way to make most if not all wild creatures rideable? Maybe by adding in coding from the horse to give you that option? I have seen similar mods but they only have special spawns or summon to allow it. I want to make it so you can discover the animal in the game and ride it after taming it.

OK, then.

Let's get you on the right track, what do you know about Skyrim modding and would you like to use Visual sliders progress for the taming process?

Also do you want to make it available for SSE(Skyrim special edition users)?

After you will answer this questions, I can offer you more guides.

I am familiar with fo4edit and the tes tool, I have only used the creation kit for Skyrim when making portals to the customizd cells. Ark survival evolved inspired me to think of making this mod. I had the idea of using the paralysis effect combined with the spell to turn creatures against each other on a special arrow and after the creature awakens it would obey commands and be ridable with its attack functions controllable by the rider. A taming meter would make it better and rather than the arrow taming the creature, i would like it to be a certain food the creature favors.

Also would be great if I could make it available for SE but I am currently on the old version. The challenge I am facing is making wild creatures ridable and controlling it's attacks. I'm not sure if it's possible to give perks to a creature by reverse pickpocketing using food. Actually I could be wrong because I have done this with frenzy potions at they would consume it automatically. I'm aiming to make this more immersive than casting a spell and it's yours. Something that would make players set up camp and guard while tending to it while it's tranquilized until tamed. Also a concern I have is can I make it a permanent affect til it dies. Edited by GLITCHEDMATRIX

Ok,

So let's discuss about problems first then, about how you can achieve this.

The first thing you will have to take into account is: COMPATIBILITY with other mods- difficult on what you want to implement.

Perk trees-- problems Perkus maximus, etc, custom ingriedients, weapons with effects, a lot of checking if a animal is tamed or not, start quests- stop quests,don't' do a repetitive checking after every 5 minutes,script lag, vanilla cells overwrite, SKSE, MCM menu, animal mods.

Think about all this and if you still want to make the mod, then do this

Learn to use:

AI packages

Followers

Quests

Respawn

Perk trees

Magic effects

Blender or 3dsMax

Retexture

Form lists

Watch over the Frostfall mod code, talk with the author and ask him certain things(you will have a better chance if you will make your mod forever free)

Also mod resources to add certain 3d models

At the end one big idea, you can use the bend will shout script to adapt to your needs, but keep in mind that you may need to add animations to each new creature you want to tame and actions like attack.

Have a nice day

Edited by redrakiton125