Mod creation for noobes....anyone...anyone?

RayD8

I am new to pc gaming an the nexus. I became interested only after the release of mods to xbox for fallout 4. I seen all this amazing content being created by authors on here and heard about how great the community was....so I put together enough pennies to buy my first gaming pc as fast as I could. I really wanted to be a part of it. I was like a kid in a candy shop with all this new great content...But literally had no idea what I was doing (still really dont)..but ive come a long way with the help of a million how to videos available. The problem for me is that being so new to a pc, I sometimes need to bounce the info back at someone to get a grasp of things I just heard..or ask a question why I had to do a step in the process instead of just doing it and not really knowing why. But I have reached out to various authors for help and have...for the most part been ignored. I get it, you are busy, or maybe it was a stupid question...but for the love of god is there anyone out there that is willing to kind of help me out in finishing a mod..where to get the software/tools I need and will let me bounce ideas or thoughts off of them. I am reading and researching a lot... but to get a little help to maybe speed up the learning process would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a series of videos on how to use the Fallout 4 Creation Kit (I will assume that is the game you want to mod for). I can imagine there are others like it on YouTube as well. There are not many written guides that I could find. Hope this helps.

Here is a series of videos on how to use the Fallout 4 Creation Kit (I will assume that is the game you want to mod for). I can imagine there are others like it on YouTube as well. There are not many written guides that I could find. Hope this helps.

Yea I have watched that one and it did help. Thanks. What Im tryiing to do is get a clothing mashup created in outfit studio into my game, I have already created the nif file and what im finding on the internet its not saying I need to use the creation kit. I just am not sure of the next step. I guess thats where Im stuck

From what I could gather by looking at other mods, you shouldn't need the Creation Kit for that. Just set an archive folder with the necessary stuff. The file structure within the archive should be something like this.

Data/Tools/Bodyslide/

Inside the folder labelled "Bodyslide" will be three folders. They are as follows.

Shapedata

slidergroups

slidersets

I suggest taking a look at mods that do something like what you're after to look a little further in terms of what you need, as there are some extra folders in those three I just listed. I will link you the mod I looked at to gather this information. I suggest WinRAR for extracting and creating Archives. I also suggest creating a test environment (an empty folder somewhere in your PC) to put the mod you want to look inside, so the contents are not just loose.

Vanilla Outfits for CBBE BodySlide:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7735/?

I do have the slider sets file and the shape data folder just needs the nif file and osd file from the looks of it. I guess is the creating archives tutorial is what i need to do next. Can I use 7zip for that..just wondering, because I already have it. Thanks again...things are starting to make sense

I personally use WinRAR, but I suppose 7zip should work as well. To create an archive just make sure you have the correct file structure set up, "Data" being the folder that holds everything else. For WinRAR you just right click on the "Data" folder and then click "Add to Archive". From there you just name the archive what you want to be. That should be all you need to do. I could be wrong, but I fairly certain that is all when it comes to the archive process.

I personally use WinRAR, but I suppose 7zip should work as well. To create an archive just make sure you have the correct file structure set up, "Data" being the folder that holds everything else. For WinRAR you just right click on the "Data" folder and then click "Add to Archive". From there you just name the archive what you want to be. That should be all you need to do. I could be wrong, but I fairly certain that is all when it comes to the archive process.

Thank you.

In nifskope there is a sphere that need to cover the object that you are creating.

Here a good tutorial, search also how to create an armor for fallout 4

I found this a little while ago. I think Ill get it figured out. Thank you

Edited by RayD8