ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

is it me or does skyrim suck big time

superp11mp

so you played 260 hours of a game you didnt like? sheesh i am not sure i would want to have sex for 260 hours and i really like doing that. even though they all have the same parts and the npc's look the same with not much dialog and the quest lines are all the same.

so basically if you do the math you paid .25 cents an hour to play. was it worth that to you? if so then they did their job.

lol sex... what ... i think you you missed the point. Besides lol do you seriously think that when the game says i have 260 hours of play that i was actively pressing buttons lol, they probably count the time spend alt+tabing or afk lol.

btw if you cant tell i just like this style of gaming, and ill be honest im really just pissed I feel i should have gotten a heads up when buying this game. It should have said

WARNING NOT COMPLETED GAME BUT WILL BECOME AMAZING WHEN WE RELEASE A WAY FOR PLAYERS TO ADD CONTENT

then i would have said to myself ohhhh ok keep track of that ck release and in the meanwhile don't bother XD o.O

cuz properly fixed this game will rock, but currently immersion is broken even if the game is still " good " it sucks that its tedious to play .

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

did i turn around and my minion was missing

In MMOs pets teleport to you after X distance. That would be odd, and unrealistic - which is a goal in single player games. Got very little to do with AI. AI is how a NPC/Pet will attack the target. How do they attack? They take the fastest route. This means you can jump up a rock, jump down a rock, jump up a rock, etc, etc. A good AI would jump up with you, and outflank you. Only short single player games got that feature.

The AI is terrible in both every MMO, and TES games. THough, you do not play TES games for good AI. Then you play stuff as GoW.

look it up wow when released had trouble with ai of their minions and ended up using a system of movement speed ( the closer the minionis to you the closer his movement speed is to yours and the further away from you he is the faster he goes, witch i think at max distance hes @ 200% running speed but you cant see him this far away from view distance )

and they have different collision rules then players thats all

now for those about to say skyrim is trying to make things look real, well you tell what looks more real a person walking trough a chair to run away from something or a person not being able to navigate around a chain because its to clumsy while a bear is chasing ...

now before you say skyrim just released let me remind you wow is something like 6 or 8 years old !!!!!!!!

Edited by superp11mp

This is a good thread. I like it. Everyone is so eager to conform, and if someone expresses an opinion that is not the most popular one, then they get attacked. But some heroic individuals don't run with the crowd and they say what they think, regardless of the consequences.

Thumbs up for free speech!

wouldn't it be super if they tough of making snow accumulate on your clothes/armor while you spend time out in the snowing parts... when i got the game i went to a snowy part and zoomed out in 3rd person and waited for snow to show on my hero... needless to say i was disappointed lol

That would have required attention to detail, not something Bethesda excel at.

I remember someone mentioning the macro and micro detail..oh wait that was Todd Howard...nvm. :laugh:

Oh bless him, I can actually smell the brown stuff through the internet when I see an interview with the Toddler.

So complaining about poor AI is like complaining about bright sun.

I think, most people complaining about AI behaviour don't have their combat behaviour in mind. It's rather the RPG part where they remind me of that film "Memento". Everything you do is meaningless, everything that happens is meaningless. If there isn't a scripted event triggered they act as if they are meeting you for the first time.

And guards seem to be in some way telepathic. They seem to react to the latest guild you joined up with. If its the thieves, you're the sneak thief, if its the mages, they make snide comments about me being able to cast a few spells. But even if you are Thane of that particular region, you get plastered with snide comments regardless.

That's what many people, me included, call immersion breaking. And that's what I personally call bad AI.

wouldn't it be super if they tough of making snow accumulate on your clothes/armor while you spend time out in the snowing parts... when i got the game i went to a snowy part and zoomed out in 3rd person and waited for snow to show on my hero... needless to say i was disappointed lol

I remember someone mentioning the macro and micro detail..oh wait that was Todd Howard...nvm. :laugh:

Oh bless him, I can actually smell the brown stuff through the internet when I see an interview with the Toddler.

ROFLMAO. :thumbsup:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah he is so blessed, he blessed us with some different version of skyrim, dossent seems to be the same game he was talking about, might be becouse of that brown stuff you mentioned. :psyduck:

Edited by pavy