is it me or does skyrim suck big time

superp11mp

Skyrim is a fantastic game, glitches and all.

Bethesda sets itself up for criticism because the games are so expansive and have so much depth that it is so easy to pick out a pieces and parts that don't fit your individual preferences.

If you liked making spells in oblivion you probably have a problem with Skyrim.

If you were a melee person you didn't even notice. But I bet you noticed that you don't have to worry about weapon upkeep.

One of the lead designers in the Skyrim videos, even said they get into trouble by trying to do so much.

We can see that. But we also know that is what MODs are for! If anything makes TES so great it is the creation kit.

One of these forum threads has someone saying Oblivion modded is great, oblivion vanilla, not so much.

Give the people on this forum six months with the creation kit and I am sure we will see many of the small nit picky issues vanish under the loving touch of a mod.

Skyrim will be cleaned up just like the Nords in the game should be cleaned up....oh wait, there's a mod for that!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with Brittainy that it depends on your tastes in games. For myself I want more emphasis in role playing aspect than what was delivered in Skyrim. Skyrim is all looks and short on substance. To make excuses by saying modders can and will fix all the flaws is really pointing the onus in the wrong direction.

I also would want a bit more attention paid to interface and control features. Take for example the 8 hot keys. Sitting here looking at my keyboard I count ten number keys. What's wrong with using 9 and 0? And that's not to mention the function keys F1 - F12. Oh and I see a shift key. Using the shift key would take that to F24. Why, we could easily had up to 34 hotkeys if only someone at Bethesda had put in just a little effort. Makes me wonder if they even bothered to look at a keyboard.

Why should it be left to mods to bring up a game to the level it should have been on day of release. It is just sloppy, lazy, cheap or whatever you want to call it production from Bethesda.

the only people in this world who will find the thing they are looking for without fail are the fault finders. And sure there are a few faults with skyrim, but can anyone mention a game made in the last 10 years that had this level of complexity that is completely flawless in all aspects? Edited by shadow_scale9180

Macole, most people don't need any more than 8 hotkeys. Personally I think that 24 or so would be overkill. But why should it matter? What if someone wants a HUNDRED hotkeys? Bethesda is catering to what they think their players want. If, based on what they see, players would like a few hotkeys, why not throw in 8 of them? That's what the favorites menu is for - those people who want lots more items to keep track of. As it is, I know off the top of my head that F5 is the quicksave key.

I do not see the high lack of content that you are seeing, and I am in it for the RP and immersion as well. It is not that the main game is lacking - it is that it is not perfect for you. What I see from you is "There's not enough content, and not enough keys to press." There is a lot more content than you are seeing. Walk into a village and tell me you cannot find a quest. Walk into a ruin and tell me you cannot find a unique item, setup, or creature. Walk into a joinable faction and join them.

I would say its you, im having a blast more unique citys more items weapons armor everything.....

What really gets me is the amount of vanilla content ive been playing sense day one and seriously i haven't finished the main story yet, im serious no spoilers plz,

The quests are unique just wondering around in the snow i found the frost what ever light house that was just a fun quest i randomly stumbled upon. And there countless others the game remains fresh and dosnt get old for a very long time with just vanilla content,

There are a few must have mods on nexus that i find absolutely hilarious modders literally fixed what Bethesda couldn't, in only a few weeks after launch :thumbsup: to modders ( 4gb patch, high res landscape textures)

I will go out and even say Bethesda has even surpassed the golden pearl that was oblivion in many many ways, i didnt think it was possible myself but i like to be wrong :)

Its up to personal taste someone will always dislike a game no matter how many people love it.

You haven't even played the game yourself, "superp11mp". It's you, and you're a moron for even bothering with your long and stupid post about a game you've NEVER PLAYED.

Could you please lean in so I can bop you in your nose?

i have 260 hours played and my saves are at 9** lol stfu