Maxing Skills

MerlinCross

So, between 20 levels, Educated, and a max Intellegence score, I have a few skills in the 90s or 100. So, never getting this high on consoles before, what happens if I level up and my skills are maxed. I know it could be levels away but I don't want to lock myself into a corner or something.

Well, I'd say it's possible but it depends on the number DLC's (and maybe mods).

Fallout-Wiki says:

Since the release of the second DLC Honest Hearts it is possible to create a character that has all skills permanently at 100, however this does require using lots of perks and a specific SPECIAL build, so a player may want to use the perk doubling exploit or wait until further DLCs raise the level cap and thus the skill points available from levelling up. With the release of Old World Blues maxing all skills is much easier with 16 extra skill books (including recipes), the increased level cap and new traits that can enhance your SPECIAL. Even with only Old World Blues installed one could max out their skills.

With Lonesome Road it's absolutely possible due the added 5 levels, the additional SPECIAL-Point at the end and the other stuff.

Especially traits like "Skilled" and "Good natured" provide many skillpoints for free. If you have 50 levels to go and use the perk Educated early on, you'll have about ~95 additional points. Using the Comprehension perk you'll get another ~80 points for free.

Please note, that there are about 80 skillbooks in the game with all DLCs and even without Comprehension each will give you 3 skillpoints.

A high intelligence will also provide some extra skilpoints.

So: It's definitely possible :turned:

That being said, I'd like to advice this great mod from the marvelous XFO-package: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39892 (epic skills - push your skills beyond 100 :ohdear: ) - at least for the people with the pc-version of the game

PS: I hope you'll understand what I wrote - don't know if it's correct English :mellow:

Edited by luceid