Illusion sucks Late-level

CyanRaven

With an illusion skill of 100 and all of the master illusion spells, the highest level enemy I can affect is around level 35. Considering that I'm level 50, enemies that scale aren't affected at all anymore. Doesn't seem quite fair that the other magic disciplines, such as Destruction, stay useful against all enemies when illusion becomes completely useless against many.

I think I read on a wiki that dual casting illusion spells makes them stronger against higher level threats. To be honest, my Mage character was retired before I got to level 40 so I guess I wasn't high enough level to run into this. I think I would rather have a mod change this aspect of illusion to just make it work on higher level creatures and have a much higher Magic cost.

it's not always 100% you can charm foe even with dual casting even with a master spell like mayhem ect. but like what stardusk said potion helps as for enchanting you can lower the cost of master spell with -% reduction enchanment in illusion on accessories or armor my mage is 59 atm and in some situation i do get failed charm or resisted with my master spell

• 1 month later...

What makes illusion fun anyway? it just seems kind of boring. Used to be able to control people and now you can. And you have to use it a lot to get it to level up.

I was thinking of making an armorless archer character with illusion magic back up. Aside from calming anything that I can't kill with the bow and occasionally waiting five minutes for a group that I've frenzied to kill each other I don't see much use for illusion.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me?

With an illusion skill of 100 and all of the master illusion spells, the highest level enemy I can affect is around level 35. Considering that I'm level 50, enemies that scale aren't affected at all anymore. Doesn't seem quite fair that the other magic disciplines, such as Destruction, stay useful against all enemies when illusion becomes completely useless against many.

Do you have all the perks learned?

All the benefit of theese are cumulative:

-Dual casting +power against everything

-Animage +power against animals

-Kindred mage +power against people

-Hypnotic gaze +power for calm spells

-Aspect of terror +power for fear spells

-Rage +power for frenzy spells

Except for dragons and some bosses you should be able to manipulate every creature. I have a lv49 char with lv100 Illusion and all perks and the spells work fine.

Edited by pastafrola

Some more "Controlling" spells would be good though.

For example, in Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, there was a power that would make a common NPC kill himself (Death Vision or something like that). It was pretty cool.

The point is, if you're a master illusionist, you should know how to wrap the perception of the reality of every living thing around. I wouldnt mind a spell that sent an NPC to jump off a cliff for their deaths, or that they bow to you and give you their weapons, some funky stuff like that.

That should go well for a Middas Magic release.

I dunno, i think that 100 skill in something + perks should scream "POWAAAH!" But Skyrim's combat mechanics (both for more "conservative" warriors/rangers and mages) arent that well developed to allow such stuff. What is the difference between a guy with 100 one handed and a guy with 20 one handed? Damage and maybe a cool effect for some power attack. But there isnt any other way to show your mastery of that skill besides not being you the one that is dead after the combat...

*sob* i miss jedi academy...

Edited by eltucu