I finally found the best fps fix solution!

costerphil

i have a GTX 960M 4GB 16GB Ram and a Core i7-6700HQ and i have Vsync forced and FPS cap set just under 60fps and im having screen tearing issues what can i do

Are you using Adaptive VSync? If you're there's nothing you can do unless you decide to lower the games settings. If you're not then VSync is not active.

i looked in NVIDIA Inspector and saw nothing that said Adaptive VSYNC? so im guessing im not and my VSYNC is forced on

**Edit** i looked again and found it but it was set to standard... i knocked my fps lock all the way down to 30 fps and im still tearing the s*** out of my game....

That means the games VSync is still on. Here's what you should do, first make sure to disable the VSync on SkyrimPrefs.ini and the framerate lock on Skyrim.ini (the framerate lock is only on the 1.3 beta update). Turn off Nvidias VSync after you've done that and enter the game, once you loaded the main menu see if your FPS are in the 1000s, if they are that's good, it means the VSync is off.

Only then, turn Nvidias VSync on (adaptive vsync will get you screen tearing if you drop below 60fps, standard will make you stutter if you drop below 60, your call, i personally prefer Adaptive).

okay i thin i get what your sayng .... but... what lines specifically am i looking for cuz i may have them taken care of cuz its in Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini right???? and setting my vsync for adaptive will stop the screen tearing?

i have a GTX 960M 4GB 16GB Ram and a Core i7-6700HQ and i have Vsync forced and FPS cap set just under 60fps and im having screen tearing issues what can i do

Are you using Adaptive VSync? If you're there's nothing you can do unless you decide to lower the games settings. If you're not then VSync is not active.

i looked in NVIDIA Inspector and saw nothing that said Adaptive VSYNC? so im guessing im not and my VSYNC is forced on

**Edit** i looked again and found it but it was set to standard... i knocked my fps lock all the way down to 30 fps and im still tearing the s*** out of my game....

That means the games VSync is still on. Here's what you should do, first make sure to disable the VSync on SkyrimPrefs.ini and the framerate lock on Skyrim.ini (the framerate lock is only on the 1.3 beta update). Turn off Nvidias VSync after you've done that and enter the game, once you loaded the main menu see if your FPS are in the 1000s, if they are that's good, it means the VSync is off.

Only then, turn Nvidias VSync on (adaptive vsync will get you screen tearing if you drop below 60fps, standard will make you stutter if you drop below 60, your call, i personally prefer Adaptive).

okay i thin i get what your sayng .... but... what lines specifically am i looking for cuz i may have them taken care of cuz its in Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini right???? and setting my vsync for adaptive will stop the screen tearing?

On Skyrim.ini add "bLockFramerate=0" under "Display"

On SkyrimPrefs.ini change "iVSyncPresentInterval=1" to 0

Kind of. I'll explain it as simple as i can. First of, VSync will lock your FPS to your monitors refresh rate (60hz=60fps), there are three ways to handle VSync:

-Double-buffered: This is the one used by the game, if your fps fall below 60, the game will drop you to half your fps, meaning 30fps.

-Triple Buffered: There are 2 types:

*Standard: If you drop below 60fps, you will get some stuttering so the game will feel kind of slower.

*Adaptive: If you drop below 60fps the game still feels smooth, but you'll get some screen-tearing.

As long as you use any type of Triple-Buffered VSync the performance will be way better, it's your decision which you like the most.

Edited by gran172

On Skyrim.ini add "bLockFramerate=0" under "Display"

On SkyrimPrefs.ini change "iVSyncPresentInterval=1" to 0

Kind of. I'll explain it as simple as i can. First of, VSync will lock your FPS to your monitors refresh rate (60hz=60fps), there are three ways to handle VSync:

-Double-buffered: This is the one used by the game, if your fps fall below 60, the game will drop you to half your fps, meaning 30fps.

-Triple Buffered: There are 2 types:

*Standard: If you drop below 60fps, you will get some stuttering so the game will feel kind of slower.

*Adaptive: If you drop below 60fps the game still feels smooth, but you'll get some screen-tearing.

As long as you use any type of Triple-Buffered VSync the performance will be way better, it's your decision which you like the most.