Tytanis, Skyrim Online and SkyNet announce cooperation

Szimitar

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine playing Skyrim with friends, you would spend half the time in dungeons. Then there is 9 large cities, easily capable to fit 10 players at a time without chaos ensuing (unless that's what these players want :D). That's already 180 players right there, completely leaving out player housing, the open world, PvP Arenas and so on. There's plenty of space for an MMO setting.

I would rather see a model where 1 to 4 extra players join you on your questlines in your game, or you join theirs. Something like the online mode of Borderlands. Everyone in the same world? Would this mmo Skyrim have unique quests? If it uses the same quests as the single player version, who in the party would get the quest items? How will loot sharing be handled? What if two different parties enter the same dungeon at the same time? How will uninvited high level jerks be stopped from fragging everything in your path before you even have a chance to unsheath your sword? And these are just the problems I can think of off the top of my head. I don't envy the task ahead fixing these issues and countless others I've undoubtedly missed. Best of luck though. This could be epic!

A few suggestions:

- Vendors will need more cash on hand, perhaps even an infinite supply

- New land for player housing so buildings don't clutter the existing landscape

- Containers that function uniquely to the player, so that even if buddy ahead of me loots a chest, I can still loot it too.

Everyone could have his own private map? using password to enter and so narrowing the possibility of playing with unwanted prying players.............

Could be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

What problems could occur if two parties entered the same dungeon at the same time?

The quests should be adapted so more than two parties could not do the same quest at the same time. It's implemented in other MMORPG games by turns, so here it could be done too....

I don't see any other problems, overcrowding? it is not a big problem...

Ya know, theres a reason why developing an MMO take 4-8 years, with teams of 100-150 people... Not to mention that Skyrim is not licensed to run on/as a server. It's very likely that Zenimax/Bethsoft might have a rather large problem with that. They have been good at leaving the modding community alone for the most part, but doing a Skyrim MMO might change that in a big way.

Sometimes it comes down to "Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should".

Just my educated opinion, I don't need another arrow in the knee!:tongue:

The quests should be adapted so more than two parties could not do the same quest at the same time. It's implemented in other MMORPG games by turns, so here it could be done too....

Should be adapted? Nay, they will absolutely need to be adapted, at least for an mmo version of Skyrim. There are plenty of required quest-related NPCs that are killed or just go away in the normal progression of the game.

It would probably be easier to scrap the vanilla quests altogether, and just include generic go-kill-enemy-X-at-cave-Y missions.

Edited by gigantibyte

Should be adapted? Nay, they will absolutely need to be adapted, at least for an mmo version of Skyrim. There are plenty of required quest-related NPCs that are killed or just go away in the normal progression of the game.

It would probably be easier to scrap the vanilla quests altogether, and just include generic go-kill-enemy-X-at-cave-Y missions.

they will absolutely need to be adapted

Yes, you are right.

Well not each and every quest!

But just killing an enemy will become boring. I am sure creative people could come up with quests that are more than fetching NPCs which will also be fun for a group of people.

Although I am sure the majority will make do with massive battle fields, fighting against each other in Skyrim.