My journey into modding

TheTokenGeek

The Skyrim SE release has been funny. I've gotten maybe twenty quests in on ten new characters because mods keep getting released that change my entire narrative/role-play. Like, Rendspire just got released, and you're telling me I can start the game as pretty much the richest person in Skyrim, with the most insane castle you can possibly think of? Or, Alternate start just released and I can stall the main storyline while I set up my player's backstory the way I want it? Or Adventurer's Basement means I didn't have to go out and individually load out my twenty houses with ingots and food because there is now an insanely awesome auto-storage/display space that can connect to my other houses?!?

I was an XBOX-ONLY player a week ago. The more I heard, can't do this, can't do that, I got tired of being on the outside, so I got the PC version, then fired up Creation Kit and started playing. The absolute coolest gaming experience I have ever had was downloading Alternate Start, firing up Skyrim SE, choosing the left for dead option, vision clears, hit tilde, type COC 0tgscrafterssecret, hit enter, and teleport inside my custom mod player home 3 seconds into the game. Fricken awesome!!!

So yeah, a big thanks to the modders and Bethesda for opening up a limitless new world. My imagination has somewhere to play again. The tutorials and overall support makes it possible for absolute newbies like me to go from FOTB to adding a space I would actually call home to my game within a couple of days. I can't wait to keep exploring.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #44905540.

WesternFish wrote: I thought this article was going to be about how to actually create mods for the game...oh well.

This will be happening! I'm trying to learn basic modding at the moment and am documenting as I go along (mistakes and all!) :D