My journey into modding

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #44351035. #44363725, #44368065, #44410655, #44410780 are all replies on the same post.

TheGhostface1973 wrote: @Kalell
"Btw, there is a version of SkyUI that works with SSE. There's no MCM and there's an error message in the corner of the inventory, but I've been using it for a while now and it works fine."

Here you can read how to get rid of the error warning of SkyUI 2.2.

Works perfectly.
Kalell wrote: Very cool, thank you!
TheGhostface1973 wrote: No problem. Hope it helps you.
WyoMike48 wrote: You say there is a version that works, is it the latest version posted in the Skyrim Nexus site or a special download? I miss it a lot, but don't want to go back to Skyrim and not play SSE.
WyoMike48 wrote: I checked out your link above and see the version I need to download. Thanks, and sorry for being a "pest" ... :)

THANKS!!!! SkyUI was one of the main things I was missing in the Special edition, but things weere so nice in the SE I didn't want to go back.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #44330915.

TheMagician16 wrote: This was a great read. Thanks for sharing. If you ever find yourself modding Skyrim or Skyrim Special Edition again,I recommend giving "The Forgotten City" a go. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1179/?
Recently I gave it a shot and was amazed. Definitely one of those mods that makes you appreciate the community and the modding scene so much more.

The best quest mods are ones that are done so well you foget you added them yourself. So, I have all these things, like Forgotten City, that I run across in Skyrim Special Edition, that I don't remember from original Skyrim, but what does that mean? The guide is 1119 pages! So, even after thousands of game hours, there's a LOT of Skyrim I haven't experienced. I look for quests especially that fit in so well you're just not sure. Did Bethesda make this or was it a home gamer? Modding just gets better and better with more realistic locations, sounds, characters and all that. Often the most realistic stuff is what came from the Nexus. Not only have I just finished the main quest barely twice, I have great quest mods that I have never finished. They have been on my computer for years. I have visited them and I will complete them to be sure. Skyrim is such a rich, deep, varied experience as individual to the player. Adding mods to that only makes it even more unique. I mean no two gamers would have the same exact mod collection unless they collaborated and chose to. So, my Skyrim gameplay will always be totally different from everyone else's. I love that.

*slaps her arm and twitches at the familiar phrase, "just one more!"*

I started my gaming life back in Neverwinter Nights, which thrived on a robust modding community, and NOT being able to mod most games is what kept me from playing other things. So glad that modding has become the norm, and grateful to Nexus for making it so!

In response to post #44351035. #44363725, #44368065, #44410655, #44410780, #44440810 are all replies on the same post.

TheGhostface1973 wrote: @Kalell
"Btw, there is a version of SkyUI that works with SSE. There's no MCM and there's an error message in the corner of the inventory, but I've been using it for a while now and it works fine."

Here you can read how to get rid of the error warning of SkyUI 2.2.

Works perfectly.
Kalell wrote: Very cool, thank you!
TheGhostface1973 wrote: No problem. Hope it helps you.
WyoMike48 wrote: You say there is a version that works, is it the latest version posted in the Skyrim Nexus site or a special download? I miss it a lot, but don't want to go back to Skyrim and not play SSE.
WyoMike48 wrote: I checked out your link above and see the version I need to download. Thanks, and sorry for being a "pest" ... :)
MrKit wrote: THANKS!!!! SkyUI was one of the main things I was missing in the Special edition, but things weere so nice in the SE I didn't want to go back.

SkyUI, even (temp, hopefully) without MCM - thanks, man.
[NB - Everyone seems to be talking about SkyUI v2.2, even though the latest is v5.1, so take a note when looking at Nexus 3863 (SkyUI)]. Edited by JoruneSkyman

For me, the mods go further than making vanilla Skyrim better. They cure it. Vanilla Skyrim was a console port created by Vaermina and Sheogorath collaborating on a bad day. I wouldn't have lasted a week playing it without SKSE, SkyUI and others. The people who make the mods get my heartfelt gratitude and they ought to get Bethesda's, too.

do you know what's it like for someone to play skyrim for the first time five years after it release? and with 50,000 something mods at your disposal? it's so distracting! Lol. I'm addicted to making my skyrim game "better". I spent more time on looking for mods than playing the actual game. I don't think I'll ever complete the main quest.

Hi Guys

Sorry to say I have never used any mods for Skyrim EVER. So with the release of the Xbox One version where you can use mods sounded awesome, WRONG.....I wanted to play my brand new Xbox One Skyrim Special Edition with mods and enjoy getting the achievements as well. You can have one or the other, but not both. I now understand why, so I scrapped that idea and moved over to my pc ( don't know why I never did this year's ago) I bought Skyrim Legendary Edition, where I can mod. To be truthful I think I was scared of killing my game of worse my pc. So I watched loads of YouTube videos and I read this post and I was blown away. To think of what I've missed, well not anymore. Tomorrow I'm going in with both guns blazing. I've already earmarked the mods I want to try. So basically I wanted to say thank you to all the modders out there and a massive thank you to nexusmods for making it so damn easy for me to use.

Thanks for reading

Karl775