So what are your 'woah' moments?

huntsman2310

My picks, in no particular order:

1. Skeletal Dragon

2. Sovngarde, and the Hall of Valor

3. Frostflow Lighthouse and the quest within.

4. Azura's shrine, at night, with aurora borealis in the sky.

EDIT: Oh, and one more: When I got my own remote control Dwarven Spider!!

Edited by nitevision92

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first dragon encounter. (Not the one in Whiterun - my first one out in the wilds)

I was walking up a hill when I noticed my frames were starting to stutter. I was afraid my game was fixing to crash when I suddenly heard a loud roar. When I reached the top of the hill, I looked down and saw an open field.

In it was three dead mammoths, one dead giant, and a dragon - staring directly at me.

Sounds stupid, but it gave me f***ing chills.

Are you using the dragon mod? Before using it, seemed like giants always beat dragons in my game. Now, dragons rule.

I thought it was pretty neat when just exploring the wilds and some elk appear over a hill. I noticed they seemed to be moving kind of fast and thought, hey, they're probably running from something. It was only wolves chasing them, but still pretty neat how realistic it was in the moment without being scripted.

Coming out of a dungeon at night, somewhere atop a mountain. There was a snowstorm going on but the northern lights shone very clearly in the star lit skies above. From one edge I could somewhat see into the horizon, because the snow was less thick at that part.

The whole view from there, alone, surrounded by bandits I had killed earlier, was stunning. It made me realize that though as dragonborn I may be imba powerful, but I'm still a single person in that big world. Even I can't control the stars. Very humbling experience.

My absolute Woah Moment was when i entered in BlackReach .

After some other places//event Was impresive .

1 ) The Hall of Valor

2 ) My first battle against a giant , Well i had a nice view of the throat of the world When he send me flying ...

3 ) When i saw Lydia being the target of The Dragons killing move ^^

4 ) The First Battle Against Alduin when he Made the shout that make Meteor Storm ...

5 ) First battle against a Blood dragon at level 18 ... took me 1 hour and a half to kill him .

Edited by KratosAurion777

Woah moment 1]: When I first loaded skyrim and saw the graphics.

Woah moment 2]: When I walked into riften and the town was under attack from a dragon.

Woah moment 3]: When we went to war with Whiterun and following cities.

I later restarted and went Imperial in the hopes I get to wipe out the Thalmor, they're soooooo asking for it.

Ok I just had another one here, I'm at the mages college dumping off some loot I can't sell at the moment, and taking a quick rest in my bed for that rested bonus, I come out ready to go on with my next mission and suddenly there's these mohawked guys coming towards the college entrance..... I've played maybe 400 hours or so thusfar and thought to myself "this is new...."... turns out they are hired thugs hunting ME down for stealing something from someone. I mean I totally deserved it, but still.. whoa :)

seeing a mammoth riding a dragon

Lol! Rotfl! I'd be whoaing, too! A Mammoth riding a dragon?

That's funny.

And on the subjects of Mammoths, one of my whoa moments was seeing a mammoth falling out of the sky. I know it was a glitch but it was super cool.

But the first real whoa I had was the first time I killed a dragon and then it puffed on fire...run away!!!!! Then this swirly wind thing came out of it and came towards me, reaching for me, circling around me..I was like "ooooooh nooooooooooo" I had no idea what was happening. I kept trying to run away from it...I already killed the dragon, "what does it want from meeeeeeeee?" And then it stopped and all of the people who helped fight it were totally freaked out... acting like it was a good thing and looking at me like I understood what just happened and I was like "What? ...that was a good thing?" It took awhile for it to register that I had taken in the dragon's soul. It all had a pretty big wowwie wow wow wow factor for me.

Salmon jumping up stream... Sounds kinda lame right? It absolutely fascinated me "omg the devs have paid attention to detail!"

Thought my first wow moment was:

My first horseback ride from Whiterun to Solitude, i stuck to the roads whilst observing the landscape thinking "every mountain peak im seeing is climbable", unlike the bs that Peter Molyneux fed about Fable two "if you see it, you can probably go there" *censored* I SAY! *censored* SIR!