Return of Oblivion

lap202

Would anyone be willing to help me out in rebuilding the world of oblivion onto the skyrim map? What I would like to see after the devkit, is a path you can walk through the mountains leading into the world of oblivion. This world would look better with the skyrim graphics, but would be made with all the things we loved from oblivion. I would at least like to get the towns and outside world added into the game. Dungeons would have to be added slowly as there are a lot. Anyways there is approximately 16 miles of space in oblivion so it would take about a year to get right.

Benefits of the mod

-Go explore the oblivion world if Cyrodiil once more, visit towns like the imperial city or go find an old friend from oblivion

-More land = More exploration = More Game Play

-Explore dungeons from the game

-Don't have to worry about dragons in Cyrodiil

-Perhaps do some quests from the game itself

From there

-You could add the world of morrowind next

-Add things like oblivion gates

-If you REALLY got into it, you could even do the whole story line! (Just get arrested well in the imperial city and it begins)

Anyways, if someone knows how to add Cyrodiil to Skyrim, let me know!

Actually, they've already put in the landmasses of the regions around Skyrim, including Cyrodiil and Morrowind.

In any case, I believe there will absolutely be a mod that adds in most, if not all of Cyrodiil. After all, it's kind of set there for that anyways, unless they just built all of those continents for nothing.

However, I'd much rather have Oblivion Gates in Skyrim, because Cyrodiil was tits. Bland landscape, bland cities, bland features.

Edited by IxionInc

Would anyone be willing to help me out in rebuilding the world of oblivion onto the skyrim map? What I would like to see after the devkit, is a path you can walk through the mountains leading into the world of oblivion. This world would look better with the skyrim graphics, but would be made with all the things we loved from oblivion. I would at least like to get the towns and outside world added into the game. Dungeons would have to be added slowly as there are a lot. Anyways there is approximately 16 miles of space in oblivion so it would take about a year to get right.

Benefits of the mod

-Go explore the oblivion world if Cyrodiil once more, visit towns like the imperial city or go find an old friend from oblivion

-More land = More exploration = More Game Play

-Explore dungeons from the game

-Don't have to worry about dragons in Cyrodiil

-Perhaps do some quests from the game itself

From there

-You could add the world of morrowind next

-Add things like oblivion gates

-If you REALLY got into it, you could even do the whole story line! (Just get arrested well in the imperial city and it begins)

Anyways, if someone knows how to add Cyrodiil to Skyrim, let me know!

ah yes...but...that would be 55 gigabites..aproximately...:)

Actually, they've already put in the landmasses of the regions around Skyrim

Landmass takes max 3 days to make, and it is inaccurate.

In any case, I believe there will absolutely be a mod that adds in most, if not all of Cyrodiil.

Will be taken down/banned. Bethesda does not allow a remake of a game, no matter what you do.

I am unsure how they react to making Cyrodiil today, 200 years after Oblivion. Nobody have tried so far.

If it took Bethesda several years to make the entire Oblivion game, and that was an entire team, imagine how long it would take for us modders to do it........

Average of 5-6 years, using multi million budget and using experts. Which means there will be about 3 new games before any decent team will get this up and running.

And there is no reason to make Morrowind, at least not the part in the old game, as it is all ruined.

There was a mod for Oblivion that added Elsweyr.

I think that making a Cyrodill mod for Skyrim would be OK only if we created our own meshes and textures or used Skyrim's standards. I believe Bethesda would be against takeing the content from one game and porting it to another,but they wouldn't be if we created our own versions of stuff.

The mods should not violate copyrights.