High Elves, Bretons and Orcs: Top Three Races 1st Edition

PunjabPirate

Strongest Racial Attribute.  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What race do you feel has the best inate powers?

I remember playing oblivion with a mod, that made the game a lot harder. Everyone in the mods forum was talking about the best races/skillbuilds for beating it. I did it with a argonian sorcerer ... what i want to say is, people shoudnt care much about who is the strongest race/class (i hatet it @World Of Warcraft and played a troll right from the start because they were one of the weakest and least played races), it mostly depends on the playstyle in 99% of games. Edited by Cyrotek

• 4 years later...

So many stupid comments here from those who play or have played Skyrim, but still didn't understand the difference between races. Players who say that all races are equal, please play the game, when I say play, it doesn't mean kill a bandit and touch your prime. I mean play against dragons, dragon priests, master necromancers, archpyromancer, archcryomancers etc.

The autor of the topic is right in his explications, I just want to add some things which are not told :

Altmer : +50 magicka and +% magicka regeneration

It's useful ONLY IN EARLY game, because later in game, especially when you develop your enchantement skill, you can put -25% spell cost reduction (in any school) or +60 magicka to your gear, but spell cost reduction is by far the best option. But Altmers haven't this -25% spell cost reduction bonus, they only have +50 magicka which is ridiculously useless in advanced game.

I'm sure that everybody here is ok with this : Spell cost reduction >> Fortify magicka

In fact with 100 in enchantement not only you can put a better enchantement of fortify magicka to your items, but also you can change it into spell cost reduction enchantement which is far better.

Breton : By far THE BEST RACE, here's why :

+25% magic resistance bonus is a passive bonus, it means it's ALWAYS active, even when you're vampire or werewolf or dragon priest ("undeath" mod-dlc) and this resistance is active against fire, frost or lighting or other type of magic. It's usefull regarless you're in early game or in later game and EVEN 100 IN ENCHANTEMENT CAN NOT put +25% magic resitance, the max being 20% (without potions of course). You have to put only 3 x 20% magic resistance to reach the cap of 85% which means that you will take only 15 points of damage rom an offensive spell which originally does 100 points of damage. It's THE ONLY BONUS BEING SUPERIOR TO 100 in ENCHANTEMENT.

+50% magic absob chance is good too, especially when it's activable when you want, if it was permanent like magic resistance, it would be annoying because the magic absorb affecs your conjuration spells too. So you can activate it during 60 secs when you are against master magic users and you have already conjured magical allies.

The remaining races are all well explained and I don't see any reason to repeat the same thing. I wanted to explain why Almer's bonus will never be as useful as breton's one and why Breton is far the best race. Thanks.