Desperatly needing Help Everything causing Horrid CTD"S What is wrong with Skyrm?

Sallyo

Hello Everyone,

Im an old morrowind, oblivion player. I used to the old way of downloading Mods and using Nexus mod manager. Oblivion this time around has been quite blissful thanks to NMM.

I just downloaded Skyrm via Steam and it has been nothing short of a nightmare : (

It did not create a Skyrm folder in which the Datafiles for all mods go into. Every single Mod, whether it was for hair, a pretty skin, Heck even just eyes has cause CTD from hell. I am so Overwhelmed and brokenhearted I am about to request a refund from Steam. I dont even know how to get into my "Library" on steam to re-download the game again incase the whole thing got corrupted,

I fought with my load order for over 3 hours this morning while my husband was at the doctors office. I took every single mod off and went into the game and the minute i went into the Tidekey and typed in "Showracemenu" the whole thing just froze over and over.

Whut is the point of playing this game when my avatar is so ugly I cant stand to look at her? It seems every Mod requires at least 2 or 3 other mods before it will work. Every single mod adds an increased risk of crashing my game. I am seeing TONS of complaints about this CTD garbage.

1. Why cant I get Skyrm on hard disk and have an .exe file like the old Oblivion?

2. Where the heck do all these mods go when I open up the nexus Mod M? Certianly not going to the Skyrm folder since there is none and the steam folder doesnt have anything called Skyrm or data files in it either..

3. The nexus mod manager did make a folder on my C: programFiles. It usually goes to my Program files(x86) I dont know why it did that.

Im sorry to bother you all for help like this.. I am taking care of a cancer patient who just had knee surgery on top of that and I am so exhausted from being interrupted every 10 minutes. I dont have the luxury of searching the web for hours unless my husband is at the doctors and thats very rare I can get anyone to take him for me. Today was an exception.

I dont know why Skyrm is so super sensitive?? Would this wyrebash program help? I have deleted any mods that caused a ctd.

I just want a nice skin. Luckily the kb hairs still work.. my avatar looks like an ugly hag!

I hear you, Skyrim is very sensitive. I mean, I am amazed of how fast it can crash.

So, let's go step by step.

First, Nexus Mod Manager installs it files in Program Files, yes, but the mods it downloads go to the Nexus Mod Manager folder in Documents, by default. When you activate a mod, it dumps everything in Skyrim's Data folder, inside Skyrim's installation directory.

Second, what mods did you install? Did you read the mod's instructions carefully? Many mods require other mods in order to work, many other mods require Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE).

Third, did you arrange your load order manually? I recommend you to download LOOT, it's a program that scans all your mods and sorts the load order automatically. It's a must for every Skyrim player.

Last but not least, I also recommend you to read this little guide to start with Skyrim modding. It talks about the essentials tools (like LOOT) and other important stuff.

Greetings!

Tank you Leo,

It was a bad taste in my mouth when all I got was freezes, crashes and garbage right off the bat. A couple people messaged me and suggested TES, Loot. and one other thing I cant even remember... What a hassle!! I will look at that guide right now.

I am aware of how mods works since I have been doing this since 2005. Skyrm seems to be extra sensitive. I purposely stayed away fom any mod thatrequired more than 2 other mods in order to run it. Geesh.

What I am going to do is just go back and make folders for each mod that requires something before it and SLOWLY, build up that mod one day at a time. go in see if it works save and then move on to the next.

I did get the script extender last night.

I will have to make a decision to either go with CBBE or just deal with the Cover girl skin mod and stay the way I am and have "Show racemenu" freeze up.

Even with the special mod of precash crusher its still CTDING.

Iuse NMO, Loot, Tes, SKSE I am going to clean every single mod after I install it, run loot, and give it the best chance of success.

Its really too bad... I never had this much hassle with Obvivion. I liked how Green and forestry everything looked better there too.. I still might just dump Skyrm

That's a good approach, just go enabling one by one until you find the culprit. On a side note: not all the mods need cleaning. Some mods have dirty edits, but they are unoffensive and required for the mod to work. Nevertheless, LOOT will warn you about the mods that do need cleaning.