SKYRIM SUCKS | ABOUT THE /SOAP BOX BABIES

Stormcrown

@Everyone.

I'm speaking of the morons who make a thread titled "SKYRIM IS TERRIBLE" then proceed to name very flaw'd points in the game that aren't everyone true. The people who do not find any part of the game good.

I'm not talking about the rational people who make valid points. Which happens to be no one.

And also. It's a rant. No crap its going to be attention seeking because I want people to read it.

Edited by Stormcrown

@Everyone.

I'm speaking of the morons who make a thread titled "SKYRIM IS TERRIBLE" then proceed to name very flaw'd points in the game that aren't everyone true.

That's the attitude to be taken seriously. Using the term "moron" in connection with posters will certainly get you there. Maybe some people hold you in the same high regard. Just a hint: The excessive use of caps lock is quite an indicator.

Your comment does sound quite offensive may I say. Even though you don't like them, it doesn't give you the right to be outright offensive, that, is what one would call immature. Though you, as you said yourself, seem to be mad.

He had a right to be as offensive as he wants, assuming he doesn't use profanity or insult specific people. (Which I think the terms of service prevents.)

I agree with him. The Skyrim hate on a Skyrim forum needs to stop. There've been plenty of posts about the issues already. Suffice to say that the complaints are now posted on review sites, and negative nancies now have no reason to post on the forums. Let the people who do like the game discuss it without having to see anti-skyrim hate rants every time they log on.

Typically associated with this name, as I just added to this rant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrarian

Hmm, so...everyone is in general consensus that Skryim is Amazing, Perfect and Absolutely flawless?

Oh...

Sorry...

I guess I will go back to few people who even remotely like Oblivion...

Lol. I haven't said it's flawless. Don't exactly see where you are quoting that.

Based on the fact that it has won several GOTY awards, and most people enjoy the game.

And yes. Everyone IS in the general consensus that the game is enjoyable.

I'm ranting about the people who say the game is so bad no one should play it. It's horrible and has no good points.

You should really stop exaggerating my point just to fit your argument.

By the way, you just made my original post more accurate. By saying "I guess i will go back to the few people.." you are putting yourself in the minority category who is smarter than the majority of people, which you tried to negate by saying that the majority of the players dislike the game. When even metacritic (Who is normally very negative) gave it extremely high scores, 94 among critics, and 8.4 among the user score. Which makes me correct when I say that the MAJORITY of players like the game.

Edited by Stormcrown

Your comment does sound quite offensive may I say. Even though you don't like them, it doesn't give you the right to be outright offensive, that, is what one would call immature. Though you, as you said yourself, seem to be mad.

He had a right to be as offensive as he wants, assuming he doesn't use profanity or insult specific people. (Which I think the terms of service prevents.)

I agree with him. The Skyrim hate on a Skyrim forum needs to stop. There've been plenty of posts about the issues already. Suffice to say that the complaints are now posted on review sites, and negative nancies now have no reason to post on the forums. Let the people who do like the game discuss it without having to see anti-skyrim hate rants every time they log on.

While I agree that outright "Skyrim is absolutely terrible" posts shouldn't be around. Constructive criticism of game mechanics, quests, story, technical issues...are all perfectly RELEVANT to a "Skyrim Forum". Comparing the game to previous titles is also very relevant...so you can gauge how one title has improved or degenerated from another.

There's a fine line between outright hating a game and having contempt for issues plaguing a game that you would like fixed. Doesn't mean you stop playing. Just means you are frustrated...as the OP is at the moment...except personally I think the caps lock etc is a bit over the top...

Lol. I haven't said it's flawless. Don't exactly see where you are quoting that.

Based on the fact that it has won several GOTY awards, and most people enjoy the game.

And yes. Everyone IS in the general consensus that the game is enjoyable.

I'm ranting about the people who say the game is so bad no one should play it. It's horrible and has no good points.

You should really stop exaggerating my point just to fit your argument.

By the way, you just made my original post more accurate. By saying "I guess i will go back to the few people.." you are putting yourself in the minority category who is smarter than the majority of people, which you tried to negate by saying that the majority of the players dislike the game. When even metacritic (Who is normally very negative) gave it extremely high scores, 94 among critics, and 8.4 among the user score. Which makes me correct when I say that the MAJORITY of players like the game.

I was actually being sarcastic about the minority...Then again, it's hard to portray sarcasm through text. You're a tad assumptive stating that apparently I believe myself "smarter" (as you put it) than the majority of people. No, I don't think anything of the sort. I just had a different opinion, as do many others. However, we should remember that Skyrim was developed more for the console crowd than PC Gamers and thus most of us are irritated at many technical and graphical issues, as well as the 'dumbed down' game we were given. I can understand the marketing to a larger audience by breaking down heavy RPG elements, but they have alienated others who wanted a more in-depth experience. It's just sad that PC users have to mod the game to make it enjoyable as it really should be.

I agree with you that people shouldn't say the game has no good points. It has plenty. It does have plenty of negatives though. Most people who say the game is outright terrible usually over exaggerate in frustration to a particular problem.

Edited by Jakeo

Dear Aegrus, I do agree with the fact the Skyrim hate should stop, but immaturity and mental violence gets one nowhere. Neither do subtle means though, so we, as a community, are quite stuck where we are, in middle of Skyrim flamewars.

I have to agree with the OP that i cannot stand the people who simply come to this forum just to slam the game, I agree that Skyrim is very buggy and there are some things i would love to be fixed, but i have absolute confidence that the modders that spend their time and effort to improve this game will fix all the problems eventually. There is no need to come here, create a thread spouting that "oh skyrim sucks, Morrowind and oblivion are sooooo much better" crap. I certainly did not come to this forum to read that. If you don't like Skyrim, no one is forcing you to play the game. You can always go back to playing morrowind., oblivion or whatever you like. There is no need for you to try and convert people to your view.

I know i should not even open threads that start along the lines of skyrim sucks etc but i can't help being curious and i end up reading some sewer swill disguised as anti skyrim rhetoric and get upset.