Is this strange?

thekid345

I don't think it is too strange. Do you know what may have sparked this sudden concern? Has something happened in your community? Did you have a bad dream? Have you recently made a valuable purchase? Did you see a movie that had a scene that struck a little too close to home? Did you see a home insurance/security commercial that actually worked? Unless you start having urges to horde food and board up your windows, I would [at least for the moment] chalk it up as nothing more than a passing worry. But do ensure you lock up when you step out. If you start to feel anxious maybe you could invite a friend or relative over to spend some time.

Well, don't worry that much. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just a stage of frightfulness, but you can get over that. Don't let it control your life.

I think your degree of concern would be directly in proportion to the safety or dangerousness of your immmediately neighborhood. If you are really concerned and it is common around your neighborhood, talk with your parents and your neighbors to see what prevention steps can be taken. Make a plan to follow in the event this does occur. Cell phones at ready, all of that ..

Is this normal or am i paranoid?

That depends on a wide spectrum of circumstances. No one can make an educated guess unless all the facts are in. Now, of course, no one here wants you to spill your guts, but if you want any sensible help, you'll need to give us more information.

If you're paranoid about someone pilfering your house clean, then chances are someone really will. Like me :devil: :P

...No, but seriously, if you're feeling unsafe, you need to look beyond that and take a look at your surroundings. Do you live in a neighbourhood that's known for crime? Do you feel like you're being stalked? Any number of things (as Ninja pointed out) could be the cause of why you're feeling paranoid.

Archived