Thief guild problem

eregor2

'setstage tg01bestthief 50' worked as Armand reconize me as a new recruit but I dont get any new contract, btw I reverted to an old save game before entering your command as I was in vampire and didnt like that at all, I know whats triggered it and I wont follow the same path. If I understand your last post, you want me to do the next thief quest even if Armand didnt tell me or... let me know.

Richard

In the console (opened by hitting the tilde (~) key just below the Esc key on standard keyboards) type 'getstage tg01bestthief' (without the quote marks) and hit Enter. It will return the stage that the quest Best Thief is at. If the getstage returns 40 then type in 'setstage tg01bestthief 50' (again without the quotes). If it returns something else you can either figure out what the next stage should be by referring to the quest stages listed in the table at the bottom of the May the Best Thief Win UESP Wiki page or post your result here.

Edited by eregor2

Again straight from the UESP Wiki for your next quest ... Untaxing the Poor (emphasis added):

After you've fenced 50 gold's worth of goods, you can meet Armand at midnight behind the Abandoned Shack in the Waterfront District.

All of the Thieves Guild quests work this way. You earn the right to more 'work' by showing you are worthy. Please read each quest wiki article ... I've read them all many times. Your next quest is always shown in the header summary at the top of the page, and is even hyperlinked for your convenience ... example from Untaxing the Poor (again, emphasis added):

Steal the tax records for the Waterfront residents.

Quest Giver: Armand Christophe in the Waterfront District

Location(s): Waterfront District, Imperial Arboretum, Temple District, South Watch Tower

Prerequisite Quest: May the Best Thief Win, 50 gold fenced

Next Quest: The Elven Maiden

Reward: Tax gold, Promotion to Footpad

Fame/Infamy: Infamy +2

ID: TG02taxes

Difficulty: Low

Edited by Striker879

thx man, you helped me a lot.

Again straight from the UESP Wiki for your next quest ... Untaxing the Poor (emphasis added):

After you've fenced 50 gold's worth of goods, you can meet Armand at midnight behind the Abandoned Shack in the Waterfront District.

All of the Thieves Guild quests work this way. You earn the right to more 'work' by showing you are worthy. Please read each quest wiki article ... I've read them all many times. Your next quest is always shown in the header summary at the top of the page, and is even hyperlinked for your convenience ... example from Untaxing the Poor (again, emphasis added):

Steal the tax records for the Waterfront residents.

Quest Giver: Armand Christophe in the Waterfront District

Location(s): Waterfront District, Imperial Arboretum, Temple District, South Watch Tower

Prerequisite Quest: May the Best Thief Win, 50 gold fenced

Next Quest: The Elven Maiden

Reward: Tax gold, Promotion to Footpad

Fame/Infamy: Infamy +2

ID: TG02taxes

Difficulty: Low