Adhesive from Bubblegum mod please

SatansPooper

Hello Everybody,

This is the first time I am posting to the Nexus Forums, so please excuse any novice mistakes,

As you have read in the Topic Title, I have an idea for a mod that I would like to see and use.

I think it is reasonable that SS can use bubblegum found out in the Commonwealth as adhesive in Settlement workshops and crafting benches. I do not know how difficult it would be to create a mod or patch to allow this ingame. This mod does not have to make bubblegum the OP adhesive providing material, maybe if it gave 1 adhesive for every 1 or 2 bubblegums broken down?

I envision being out on walkabout, or on a quest mission and needing adhesive to mod a newly acquired weapon or armor piece at a convenient workbench. What is a SS to do in this situation? Right now we can keep paddling up S.O.L. creek, cuz we got nadda. I'd like to be able to chew that gum and use it while soft and sticky to mod my item. That would add to my Immersion and make me feel all MacGuyver-ey. And who doesn't want to feel like MacGuyver while playing F4? Especially while crafting a B.A. weapon or armor piece.

It makes sense in a Lore-Friendly manner, and I think would add to my gameplay experience. I hope it is as simple as it sounds so that I get to see this become real.

If feasible, please let me know. I am not a modder, I just have some ideas about mods I would like to use.

Thanks Guys and Gals,

SatansPooper

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds stupid enough to make me like it.

You'd have to chew it first, though. Maybe, each time you "eat" a bubblegum, you gain 1 unit of adhesive, at the cost of also getting slightly thirstier? :D

For a more efficient and "sensible" solution, you could run to the chemistry workbench and use some chemicals on the stuff, turning it into ~2-4 units of adhesive.