Deadly Reflex 6 Not working

Striker51z

Need more details.

Did the welcome message box come up, and you successfully configured the keys?

Did you make sure you have both OBSE and nifSE installed? On top of that, did you install the compatibility patch so it works properly with the newest version of nifSE? (chances are a script trying to run nifSE b2 functions in nifSE v1+ will cause the game to either halt the script or crash outright)

Need more details.

Did the welcome message box come up, and you successfully configured the keys?

Did you make sure you have both OBSE and nifSE installed? On top of that, did you install the compatibility patch so it works properly with the newest version of nifSE? (chances are a script trying to run nifSE b2 functions in nifSE v1+ will cause the game to either halt the script or crash outright)

Ok, i have OBSE and nifSE installed but i have the b2 version of nifSE. The keys didn't really bind, I was able to get a shield bash out of it but only once and i can't do it again. I already checked to see if OBSE is running properly and i can use the SetRefEssential 1 with no problem. The game did have problems at the beginning where you pick your characters class, what would happen is if i tried to make a custom class, the game would crash after I completed the process. Let me know if you need anything else.

DR6 was built on nifSE b2. It won't actually work with nifSE 1.0+ without the compatibility patch, since it uses functions that the nifSE guy decided to rename/remove. So nah, using b2 is actually ideal assuming nothing else needs a later version.

Have you tried reinstalling it into your game, i.e. deactivating it, loading your game and saving, reactivating? It sounds like something probably screwed up in the init script he uses.

Also make sure it's as late as possible in your load order, so nothing is potentially overwriting pieces of it.

I'd just like to take a moment to say I couldn't even get DR6 to work properly; the init script would run and tell me "thanks for configuring, HF" without letting me set any hotkeys, and nothing would actually get initialized so the mod was non-functional. Just throwing ideas at you at this point.

Maybe I should take a look at his scripts, see about making'em a bit more robust...

DR6 was built on nifSE b2. It won't actually work with nifSE 1.0+ without the compatibility patch, since it uses functions that the nifSE guy decided to rename/remove. So nah, using b2 is actually ideal assuming nothing else needs a later version.

Have you tried reinstalling it into your game, i.e. deactivating it, loading your game and saving, reactivating? It sounds like something probably screwed up in the init script he uses.

Also make sure it's as late as possible in your load order, so nothing is potentially overwriting pieces of it.

I'd just like to take a moment to say I couldn't even get DR6 to work properly; the init script would run and tell me "thanks for configuring, HF" without letting me set any hotkeys, and nothing would actually get initialized so the mod was non-functional. Just throwing ideas at you at this point.

Maybe I should take a look at his scripts, see about making'em a bit more robust...

Yeah, I already tried that stuff. Now with your problem, you can set the hot keys with in the INI so maybe that will make things work for you.

Edited by Striker51z

• 2 years later...

When you say that it needs to be as late as possible in the load order, do you mean all of the processes have to be as late as possible. I am only asking this because i heard that the patch for DR6 has to be directly behind the combat process, im not sure if this is correct, i just want to try and make it work.

• 3 years later...