Skyrim SE hard crashes

giannoukos

Hello everyone!

I am new to the modding community and a few days ago I decided to try for the first time mods on the new Special Edition.

I have installed 48 mods and 46 of them are active. Everything was going smoothly, I was impressed by how well the game ran,

even though I had some occasional hard crashes (the game closed without any errors, it threw me directly to the desktop), which

the game overcame by itself.

But after some hours of gameplay I reached a place between Winterhold Imperial Camp and Frostflow Lighthouse and when I tried

to reach those places the game hard-crashed again. Every time I tried to reach either location it threw me to the desktop.

I did some research and I tried to update my graphics card (GTX 760). Still no luck.

Then I realized that I hadn 't updated to version 1.2 and so I did. Still no luck

I thought it was the load order so I tried to use LOOT which corrected it for me, but still no luck.

Is there anyone who has experienced this and was able to overcome it or someone who could advise me on how to approach this issue?

Thank you in advance

My Rig is

GeForce GTX 760

Driver Version: 375.70

Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

7.87 GB RAM

1920x1080, 60Hz

My load order is:

0 0 Skyrim.esm

1 1 Update.esm

2 2 Dawnguard.esm

3 3 HearthFires.esm

4 4 Dragonborn.esm

5 5 Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

6 6 RSkyrimChildren.esm

7 7 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

8 8 When Vampires Attack.esp

9 9 mjhKhajiitSpeak.esp

10 a Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

11 b YASM_Armor_Weapons_Darthvladi.esp

12 c Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp

13 d dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

14 e RealisticWaterTwo.esp

15 f Simple AUA.esp

16 10 Perfect Legionnaire - Troops Re-equipment.esp

17 11 BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp

18 12 Runandwalkpaces.esp

19 13 Walking Running sneaking 2.esp

20 14 Dark_Eden_Forests.esp

21 15 WICO - Immersive People.esp

22 16 WICO - USSEP Compatible Patch.esp

23 17 WICO - Immersive Character.esp

24 18 ClimatesOfTamriel.esp

25 19 TrueStormsSE.esp

26 1a WetandCold.esp

27 1b RSChildren - Complete.esp

28 1c RSChildren_PatchUSSEP.esp

29 1d dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

30 1e No BS AI Projectile Dodge (Magic and Arrows) - Immersive Projectiles Nondetection of Enemies.esp

31 1f Book Covers Skyrim.esp

32 20 SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp

33 21 Run For Your Lives.esp

34 22 SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

35 23 Immersive Patrols II.esp

36 24 Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

37 25 UnreadBooksGlow.esp

38 26 Blacksmith Forge Water Fix SE.esp

39 27 ScopedBows.esp

40 28 ScopedBows_ArrowTweaks.esp

41 29 ScopedBows_EagleEyeTweak.esp

Could you please, indicate what mods are from old skyrim nexus that have not been imported into the new game?

The only one that might be problematic is wetandcold.esp. Even then it might not be that one. I know i had serious issues in some area's with that mod but in the end it was another mod entirely that had to be patched.

Also recheck evey mods nexus forums for each one to see if folks complained about hard crashes. Sometimes you just need to see if those mods got patches to get them fixed up.

Edited by pathtopower

Could you please, indicate what mods are from old skyrim nexus that have not been imported into the new game?

The only one that might be problematic is wetandcold.esp. Even then it might not be that one. I know i had serious issues in some area's with that mod but in the end it was another mod entirely that had to be patched.

Also recheck evey mods nexus forums for each one to see if folks complained about hard crashes. Sometimes you just need to see if those mods got patches to get them fixed up.

After all it was the perfect legionaire mod that caused the problem. Thank you for the advise, I wouldn t have done it otherwise!