Cheydinhal City missing ground

AlbinoFoxRacer

I found out the reason for the problems. My armor mod that I have as one of the master's is conflicting with CM Partners.esm. I know you guys have already helped me out a lot already and I am very very very thankful for that 8-) but I wanted to ask, how can I still have the armor as one of the masters so I can give my CM Partner armor from a mod without the conflict between the 2 esm files? I want to still be able to upload this partner onto tesnexus without having to get permission. Thanks sooooooooooo very much! :)

What if you got permission from the mod author to include it in your mod (with proper credit of course). Use the method David outlined to outfit your CM Partner. You would need to include the required resources (meshes and textures) in the correct folders with your download (which would be no different than using a modder's resource at that point).

- Edit - No matter which way you try to finagle it you will need the original mod author's permission before you can upload your CM Partner with someone else's armor.

Edited by Striker879

Ok, that makes sense. I've had a little more experience with Wrye Bash and Oblivion Construction Set since starting this thread, so when I reread your posts, it makes more sense.

Figured it all out! Thanks to everyone that helped, now new issue, how to get npc's mouth to move. Any thoughts? TANKS EVERYONE! :)

Edited by AlbinoFoxRacer

When I make a clone of anything in the CS I invariably name it MyJoesCoolSuperUberArmor or similar, but I'm known for my lack of imagination when naming things. Main thing is get a unique name for it in the 'ID' field of the edit dialogue for the item. The 'Name' field below that doesn't really matter except that is the name you'll see in-game. You could have ten pairs of boots all that come up as 'Joe's Cool Leather Boots' in your in-game inventory and it won't matter to the game as long as each has a unigue ID (i.e. JoesCoolBoots1, JoesCoolBoots2, JoesCoolBoots3 ...). It would be confusing as hell for your users, but the game is only concerned about the ID field. You'll know you've done it right when you click the 'OK' button on the edit dialogue and you get the prompt about creating a new object.

Then you can chose to add to the overburden of mod added chests in the game (it's amazing how many chests can fit onto one Market District statue base and still be accessible), add it to the players inventory, add it to your CM Partner NPC's inventory or join the hoard of stuff just dropped on the ground (there are other options ... scripting for example, I'm just scratching the surface of the most common methods).

Sounds to me like you may get some benefit from some Construction Set Wiki tutorials. Skim the stuff you know already and sink you teeth into the rest. The TES Alliance also has a modding school (see 'The Enclave' on the linked page).

Edited by Striker879

Concerning your non-moving lips ... have a look through this forum thread (or jump to DarkForther's post #9) and this mod description and you'll start to see what's up.

- Edit - Also have a look at the description given under the CS version 1.0 download link on this page.

Edited by Striker879

To create silent dialog files with moving lips and message delay for your new quest dialog, you can easily and automatically use TES4Gecko to create silent voice files for your mod.

Thanks for this information! I don't need to make lips for silent dialog though but this is definitely great information. I have been reading the tutorials you gave me links to Striker879 on making the npc's mouth move and I have to admit it is a bit confusing. I have both TES CS v1.0 & 1.2 installed and the LIP Template mod downloaded and activated. I follow their steps but am thrown off when they start to talk about copying the WAV into the dialogue. I know that there is a BSA inside the Oblivion Data folder called Voices but do not know how to access it. I don't want to create new dialogue or record a WAV from scratch, I just want my NPC to use the vanilla dialogue and voices.

Is the CM Partner you're creating also a custom race?

As for editing things inside the vanilla bsa files, in general you don't do that. The way the game works is all the resources for the vanilla game are contained in the vanilla bsa files and Oblivion.esm tells the game engine where those resources should be, what they do, etc. As the player plays the game and changes that initial state the changes are recorded in the game's save files. Mods can also alter that initial game state. Those changes are recorded in the various esp files (an esp is just changes to it's listed master files). The final way that changes to the initial game state can be made is by replacing vanilla resources with modded ones (i.e. all the animation/armor/clothing replacers you see out there). If the replacer doesn't also add anything new to the game (e. g. doesn't add a female version of a ciurass that only has a male version in the vanilla game) it doesn't need an esp. Using exactly the same file names and folder structure as found in the vanilla bsa and something called archive invalidation the game will use the newer resources instead of those packed in the bsa.

Back to your dialogue issue, any time I've created a new NPC they already have all the default dialogue for their race (but my own modding efforts have been rather modest, and I'm known for being a 'vanilla' kinda guy). David will undoubtedly be of far more help in the area of custom races and dialogue. As you may be able to tell, I read a lot, and I'm blessed/cursed with a pretty good memory of stuff I've read. That doesn't mean I understand it all. I agree with you on the whole dialogue/which CS to use issue. I've read through that more than once and I would still need to ask advice if I ever did voiced dialogue for an NPC that wasn't vanilla.

Yea, the race is from the Xenius Race Compilation mod. It's a drow elf.

It definitely is really confusing. I'm not the type of person to give up when all else fails and would keep trying to figure out what they're talking about until I understand it but I don't really want to do that when someone can help me understand it right away. If you know what I mean. My npc does have the vanilla dialogue, I just don't know how to add wav files to them and lip sync, especially in Construction Set 1.0 because it doesn't let me open my file. Because it does not, does that me I have to copy and paste all the dialogue in my npc to Construction Set 1.0 and even create the different topics, like Greetings, etc?

Definitely awesome to talk to you guys. Been a HUGE help! :)

Oblivion is broken when it comes to adding voiced dialog. Most of the quest mods that are available do not use voiced dialog because the software is broken and it takes a very clever person with a lot of time on their hands to work out around the break. So if you are putting new voice-acted dialog into your mod you will be doing more advanced work than 95% of the other modders.

The old version of the CS can create voiced dialog.

The new version of the CS that can handle Shivering Isles cannot do voiced dialog.

The old version of the CS that can do voiced dialog cannot handle new mods using Shivering Isles content.

You cannot install both the old CS and the new CS on your computer using ordinary methods. Installation of one removes the other.

The modding teams that put voiced dialog in their mods do things like have the old CS and the new CS on separate machines, repeatedly install and uninstall depending on what operations they are performing, or do things like partition their hard drives to let them have both versions on the same machine.

However, I have heard tales that the new Construction Set Extender can handle voiced dialog like the old CS could. You might do better to investigate that rather than messing with the horrible old way I just described.