[WIP] The Legend of Winterhold

Iv121

All sounds awesome!

Would you be able to expand on the arcaneum in some way considering it's supposed to be the massive ysmir collective or whatever.

I think the college needs an "alchemy centre" type place and is in serious need of more plants around the place, i know i'ts snowy but still!

And the hall of attainment is just awful, its just a gloomy room with a hole in the middle! Not sure what you could do with it but maybe some sort of new lecture hall design

Are you going to be creating more land around the college as it was before the collapse to put more buildings on?

Not that important as any improvements would be incredible, can't get any worse, just some ideas i had :D

Not good with mods unfortunately, sorry

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the college will have alchemy labs. As for the plants I'm trying not to touch the original college space (for mod compatibility ), might make a separate version with a better garden, but it won't have support in the quest line (There won't be a quest "populate the college garden :rolleyes: ).

• 2 weeks later...
As the CK is out, we can finally begin working on the core of the mod. We are still recruiting modders, modelers and animators or any other people interested in helping us. PM me or leave a reply for more info. We are also glad to recive any suggestions reguarding the mod .

• 2 months later...
Telling you the truth ? We lack people to help us with the meshes. Without those meshes I can't begin neither of the main locations such as Esengarn . If you know anyone who wants to help us please ask him to contact me, we will be more than glad to receive help. And interesting note is that my little playing with scripts goes well. Thought about tweaking the alchemy to be more exiting but decided it’s too much as I don't even know how to make normal menus (I don't like making massageBox menus)

You're actually right. The point is not only in the story we try to tell but also in the fact that we fix winterhold in the possess. I hoped to make something unique, and I actually need something unique for the new ruins around which the story is based. I can try to achive that with the meshes found in-game but I really feel it's gonna be crappy. It could attract the attention of some modellers I hope so that we can remake this mod normally this time.

I still hope any of you guys want to help us. If you do please PM me or leave a reply here. We are still accepting other modders who wish to join us. If you know how to work with the CK or any previous Development kit of Bethesda , if you know scripting or any other thing that may help us (even concept artists are welcome) please contact me via PMs or leave a reply here .

This is a superb idea. I am an amateur programmer and am willing to help if I can, but I've never tried making a mod before. My Java knowledge is severely limited. I can provide voice-overs if you want, or I can help out with story lines for new quests, so I guess I can help out as a concept artist.

Anyway, I would be super excited if you also rebuilt the town of Winterhold. All the mods I've seen just add more wood buildings, but it would be nice to have the original Winterhold, built out of stone like the college. Let me know how I can help.

*EDIT*

I am installing the CK, and I will mess around. If I find myself worthy (sounds narcissistic, right?) I will volunteer to help.

Edited by arhtech