Create your own companion mod?

Gardienne96

• 5 weeks later...

I have no experience with modding or anything but....

Mod the race selection screen so that you could create a follower and select from a menu of options to choose from the list of available scripted characters. Kind of like in Baldurs Gate or Neverwinter Nights where you select a voice at the beginning. For example you create a custom Dark Elf female character with Lydia, Vex or Karliah's dialogue.

As it stands a lot of NPC's can be made into followers with the console. The dialogue options are limited to "follow me" and the basic follower dialogue but its there. That being said it's not as awesome as this idea could be.

When the CK comes out, it should be incredibly easy for anyone who wants to take the time to do it, to learn how-- basically, it'll be a matter of looking at an existing follower and seeing what options they have, then doing the same thing with a new character. You'll have the additional benefit of being able to add your own dialogue, custom appearance and gear and so on, instead of relying on someone else to do it.

Of course, I don't have proof yet, but I'm betting that custom followers will be one of the absolute easiest things to do in Skyrim, simply because they already exist in-game.