I'm trying to make a compatibility patch for Mage's Sky House and Open Cities Reborn

Xamrin

So Mage's Sky House has this pretty cool door that was inspired by the one from Howl's Moving Castle.

If you seen the movie then you know how the door functions. There's a device near the front door that decides where you're going.

In the film it's a four colored wheel but in Mage's Sky House it's a crank with a portrait above it depicting your destination.

When you go through the door you're dropped off in front of the city's Mages Guild Hall. (Save for the Imperial City, which drops you off at an abandoned warehouse in the Market District.)

It's similar to Frostcrag's teleport except that you're dropped off outside of the hall's door as opposed to being dropped off in the middle of the interior.

The problem with OSR is that it pretty much quarantines the original city and replaces it on the world map with a fully loaded "Open" city in the Tamriel Worldspace.

The door in Mage's Sky House will try to drop you off in the original city, which will be a giant mess of assets in the wrong places and it essentially not the city you're trying to get into.

So the idea for this patch is to change the magic door's drop off points to the outside of the corresponding Guild Halls in all of the Open versions of the cities, something I thought would be a simple feat.

I was wrong.

I keep trying to set the doors to go where I want but I have no idea how to move the teleport marker.

Does anyone know how I can just make a door go somewhere else?

Have you tried placing a new door in the open cities, changing the original door to teleport to the new one, and then adjusting the markers on both ends? The yellow xmarkerheading-like marker is the teleport one. Just drag it where you want it to be. Unless, of course, the doors are scripted, but I have no idea if they are, I have never used that mod.

Hopefully that helps.

Edited by Contrathetix

Have you tried placing a new door in the open cities, changing the original door to teleport to the new one, and then adjusting the markers on both ends? The yellow xmarkerheading-like marker is the teleport one. Just drag it where you want it to be. Unless, of course, the doors are scripted, but I have no idea if they are, I have never used that mod.

Hopefully that helps.

I'm not sure how to do any of that. I'm pretty new to this.