Hair Texture Issue

VxdVxn

Ok, so finally after several months of playing with the same character, my hair suddenly decided to go chameleon on me and take on the texture of nearby surfaces. It's more severe in Megaton, however running around I have noticed my hair taking on the textures of grass and things like that, but it's non-existent indoors. I do have like over 200 mods installed, and I remember before taking a month-long break from FO3, I uninstalled some quest mods and deleted the saves that I used for them, so I just had the save right before I started any of those quests. When I came back I noticed my hair textures going nuts, and I changed my hair to a style that came with the race mod I use and it had no problems. So I tried replacing the textures, thinking that they might have gotten corrupt somehow, but that didn't help either.

Anyone have any idea's? Hair mod that I'm having problems with is Cazy Hair.

Yeah I did, also DLed ArchiveInvalidated Invalitation to be sure and it didn't fix the issue. It really blows my mind why it decided to do this. I recently moved the game over to this computer, so I think I'm going to check my DL history on my old laptop and see if I can't find the issue there. I tried removing a bunch of mods before with no success... I wonder if it's a ground texture issue? Cause when I walk up the hill to leave Megaton my hair doesn't flicker, it just takes on a different texture. Also it appears through FO3Editor I have a bunch of conflicting mods which is weird cause I always read to make sure a mod doesn't conflict with another, cause most mods I have are clothing mods.

EDIT: Okay so I've pretty much removed practically all my mods... and still having the same texture issue with the hair. I took a screenshot after I ran a filter with editor and heres what I got.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/545/loadorderfilter.jpg

Edited by VxdVxn

This happens in geck when it cant find a texture or the texture is in bad format... if you have gimp+dds plugin, try opening the texture & resaving it, uncompressed with generate minimaps checked

If you dont have that, try setting your texture size to large in the options menu, see if that fixes it. If so, the texture doesn't have minimaps, which means the game is basically loading an empty file.

If this doesnt work i dunno either ;] good luck!

Also it appears through FO3Editor I have a bunch of conflicting mods which is weird cause I always read to make sure a mod doesn't conflict with another, cause most mods I have are clothing mods.

I wouldn't be too concerned about those conflicts if I were you. Especially if most of your mods are indeed just clothing mods. Most mod conflicts are there because of "dirty" mods (mods that have excess/junk data). And 99 percent of all mods here are "dirty" mods (even though it's fairly easy to clean them).

Besides, even the DLC's like Broken Steel have red conflicts with the main Fo3 .esm.

If you know your way around Fo3 edit though, you could try and remove some of the conflicts some of those mods cause, but you have to know what you're doing.

1 other thing: If you want to let Fo3Edit "check for conflicts", don't let it "check for errors".

Use the "Apply Filter" function instead. Then only check the following checkboxes:

"by conflict status overall" and it's sub-boxes "Conflict" and "Critical Conflict".

And, all the way at the bottom of the window:

"Flatten Blocks/Sub-Blocks", "Flatten Cell Children" and "Conflict status inherited by parent".

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to try these suggestions... though I probably wont try to remove the conflicts sadly as I really dont want to cause anymore damage than I already have lol.