Why would cars blow up after 200 years of no use?

PhunkyMunky

I would imagine shooting the car causes the coolant to displace, and thus drives the fuel rod critical.

There is no coolant. The reactors haven't been running for a long long time. When you produce energy, you have to spend it somewhere, and cars remain cold and silent.

It's just movie magic or call it game magic. No reason for them to explode at all.

I would imagine shooting the car causes the coolant to displace, and thus drives the fuel rod critical.

There is no coolant. The reactors haven't been running for a long long time. When you produce energy, you have to spend it somewhere, and cars remain cold and silent.

It's just movie magic or call it game magic. No reason for them to explode at all.

I would imagine,that the nuclear engines could be charging a lithium battery. Or a lithium mix battery. And we all know what happens when Lithium meets air..

When lithium meets air, it starts turning black. Eventually, but not quickly, it crumbles into grayish powder/dust. If set on fire, it burns quite bright, but not as hot as thermite. So, basically, nothing much happens.

Besides, Fallout might not even have lithium batteries.