Having some problems with homemaker.

cossayos

I had a system crash a few days ago due to my own stupidty and not setting up a restore point. After restoring the system I reinstalled FO4, redownloaded the mods I used to use and ran into all kinds of problems I never had before. With the same mods in the same load order.

I lose pretty much all DLC content when activating homemaker. Starting with Contraptions and ending with Scaffolding. I read and reread the install instructions and followed it to the letter, load order included. But whenever it's active, the build menus are gone. When I deactivate it, the menus are back to normal.

ok, so you and I understand things, I just started a download just to inspect things with in the top selection only.

Of that, I will see if there is any bugs or incorrect settings that will effect a default game only, based on an authors product means I run only it and it's dependant file, which as I read is the main master file.

have you read and understand to full breth of the description page? I ask becasue this "Home maker mod" is basicly a rewrite of the entire games structure.

That being said as they say, means any other mods will break the game becasue "they" were not involved in the redesign of this games settings and mod settings.

you want to run this, you load it very last in the load order and except the out come.

This mod isa complete overhaul of original content and other mods will break it.

do we have an understanding?

I haven't got any mod installed that conflicted with Hommaker previously. They all worked together just fine.

Yes, I've read the description, also manually placed the esm at the suggested place in the load order. Which, according to the author is right underneath the main FO esm and before any others esms.

The esps, far as I understand the instructions, can take any place within the load order.

As I said, I ran it for ages and all through it evolvment to it's current version. I never had this particular problem and can't for the life of me understand what I'm doing wrong or what is suddenly conflicting where there wasn't any conflict before.

how many mods are there when this took place?

IF the DLC content was not used in Homemaker, then it belongs under them, If it was using shared assets? this I can't determine.

But, all default content must reside in order and nothing goes in-between them.

now, If there was a patch from steam that updated the game? then the Homemaker mod may not be current to the new code and it will fail.

Any mods will fail. Steam does not touch mods made by us, it only changes default code, if all mods were made in prior code? well now, there's a ton of mods needing updates to match. This can not be over looked and it's a must do thing. you can not avoid it.

how many mods are there when this took place?

IF the DLC content was not used in Homemaker, then it belongs under them, If it was using shared assets? this I can't determine.

But, all default content must reside in order and nothing goes in-between them.

The mod author clearly states that the esm has to go right under FO4.esm and above the DLCs. The esps can go whereever they want, according to the description. And no, there wasn't a patch after Homemaker was last actualised. Every mod I'm running is up to scratch, but none of them have been changed since I had them all up and running successfully.

understand, the lower mods control what is above them..IF steam updated any of the DLC content, that WILL be the source of the problems, They are overriding something in Homemaker now where before, the data unchanged was not. IF you scan all the mods under clean scripted settings so all the conflicts show up, you will find the content responsible. IN theory, all the data in HM will not show anything except fallout4.esm ITM's and nothing should show up as in conflicted with the DLC's.

It takes 1 byte of code to crash the game. It can be a script change too.

Or a mod you installed is in the wrong location or it overwrote data it should not have done.

Based on the description page? no way I would load it above steams patching areas, never. IF the mod is load underneath it, nothing a patch or update does will effect original content or intent from the authors work.

If the author has explicit reasons for placement, then you can't run anything it shares with others at all.

you must allow home maker to override DLC content. OR remove the mod.

understand, the lower mods control what is above them..IF steam updated any of the DLC content, that WILL be the source of the problems, They are overriding something in Homemaker now where before, the data unchanged was not. IF you scan all the mods under clean scripted settings so all the conflicts show up, you will find the content responsible. IN theory, all the data in HM will not show anything except fallout4.esm ITM's and nothing should show up as in conflicted with the DLC's.

It takes 1 byte of code to crash the game. It can be a script change too.

Or a mod you installed is in the wrong location or it overwrote data it should not have done.

Based on the description page? no way I would load it above steams patching areas, never. IF the mod is load underneath it, nothing a patch or update does will effect original content or intent from the authors work.

If the author has explicit reasons for placement, then you can't run anything it shares with others at all.

you must allow home maker to override DLC content. OR remove the mod.

I understand all of that. But that's why I'm out of my wits. No steam patch since my system crash, none of the mods was updated since my crash and all are in the same load order as they were before the crash. I also checked for conflicts and orphaned files by running LOOT a number of times.

And yes, Homemaker does overwrite DLC files which I of course allow.

NOTE: based on the read me text accompanied with the mod, it relies upon settlement key words mod .so that means it Can't be above the DLC content, and it must be under settlement keywords mod as well.

this is how it works, not upside down. I just read all the information and instructions for any possible conflicts by the authors own hand.

you can't have it both ways. He built the mod based on someone elses work.